p.

" If I can't have him, nobody can! " she yelled, her voice echoing through the house.

" Angela, what the fuck? It's not that serious. " Krystal tried reasoning with her.

" Yes it is! I have a right to protect what's mine! " she bellowed.

" Angela, there are children here. Come on, now. " I became agitated.

" If that's what you're here for, then complete the mission. " D'wight walked towards her. I held onto his arm, but he quickly pulled away. " Shoot me! This is the life that you wanted, here's your opportunity. "

She walked closer to him, steadily holding the gun. Krystal started to cry, begging Angela to put the gun down, but she didn't budge. I heard the faint police sirens in the distance.

" Who called the fucking police? " she asked.

" What did you expect? " D'wight replied. She quickly cocked the gun, and as she pulled the trigger, William tackled her to the ground. The gun slid across the floor as he quickly picked her up, holding her arms. The police sirens got louder, and I could hear their doors slamming. My mother opened the door, letting them in.

" This ain't over, I will be back. " she assured us. " I can't stay away long, bitches. " the officer cuffed her, and led her outside. I walked up to D'wight, rubbing his arm. He quickly walked off, going upstairs.

" I'm so sorry, I'm sorry. Terrell, I didn't know... "

" Shhh. " I hugged Krystal, trying to stop her panicking. She cried into my chest as everyone started to pick up their things to leave. I thanked them, one by one, as they walked out of the door. Thankfully, no one was leaving on a bitter note.

______________________________

I slowly opened my eyes, allowing them to adjust to the darkness. I looked to my left, seeing the spot next to me empty. I looked at the clock, as it read four-thirty in the morning. I got out of bed, slipping on some shorts and walked downstairs, looking for D'wight. I stepped down the last step, following the light of the Christmas tree. He sat there in front of the tree, unmovable. I walked over, sitting behind him and cuddling him into my arms. We just sat there, silently. I lightly rocked us side to side, and he sat back on my chest.

Suddenly, there were faint knocks at the door. We quickly looked at each other, growing curious by the second. We quickly got up, walking towards the door. There were four more knocks before we opened the door. There stood Kaylee and Jarih. She was breathing heavily, and was crying.

" Kaylee, you know you're not supposed to be here. " D'wight pulled them inside as I grabbed Jarih. He took off her jacket, quickly stopping. He looked at the many bruises and cuts that plagued her body. " Who did this to you? "

" She did it! You have to keep us, we can't stay over there. We're scared, and she won't stop. She just wants the money, that's all. " she collapsed onto D'wight's shoulder. I had to walk away to keep from crying.

" It's going to be okay, alright? " he assured her. " You will never leave here again. "

" Come on, lets get you guys clean. " I reached for her hand. " I got it, baby, you go and sort their gifts. "

" Gifts? We never got anything for Chritmas before. " she told us. That broke my heart, but made me anxious at the same time.

I got them both bathed and clean, then into some night clothes. We ran downstairs, and Kaylee gasped at the many gifts that sat on the floor.

" These are for you, princess. " D'wight told her, pointing to the Princess Tiana wrapping paper.

" And I'll help little one open his stuff. " I smiled, sitting down on the floor.

Kaylee unwrapped the first gift, and gasped loudly. She pulled the doll away from the wrapping paper. She hugged it close to her as D'wight handed her another box.

" Let's see what's in this one, little dude. " I grabbed the heavy box, pulling it over to me. I tore off a little piece of paper, letting Jarih tear the rest. The little trunk was revealed, and he smiled, clapping his hands.

" Gagugadu. " he spoke.

" I don't know how to ride a bike. " Kaylee told us.

" We're going to teach you. " I smiled, and so did she.

As they opened the rest of their gifts, I couldn't hide the feelings that I was feeling. I was the happiest I had been in a long time, and I wanted this. I wanted us to be a family. I looked at D'wight, seeing how happy he was, and that's what I lived for. That beautiful smile that I fell in love with. He caught me staring at him, and quickly started chuckling.

" Thank you. " he told me.

" For what? " I raised my eyebrow out of curiosity. Also to dodge the toy that Jarih was swinging around.

" For being you, Terrell. I've watched you for the past year become a man, and I'm proud of you. Thank you for treating me right, and showing me what real love is. "

" D'wight, I'm more thankful for you than you probably know. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be where I am in life right now. You pushed me to face my problems, even though I was scared. You also proved to me that you have my back through everything. " I told him, and he blushed. I leaned in, quickly pecking his lips.

" Eeeewwww! " Kaylee chuckled, pointing at us.