Chapter 100: Eyeliner?!

Authors Note: Wow! Can't believe I've reached 100 chapters!

Chapter 100: Eyeliner?!

Three days later...

It was finally time!

Tonight - in just a couple of hours - the two hour episode of "Ghost Adventures: Transylvania" would be airing to kick off Season 10. Not to mention it was the debut of me being a part of the crew.

I was beyond excited, but also extremely nervous. How would the fans react to me? Would they like me? Would I automatically be hated because I wasn't Nick Groff? Would I be considered a good investigator? Would it feel like I fit in with the team?

Throughout the day, I had been getting tweets from fans like it was the end of the world. Most of them were very supportive – excited to "meet" me, excited to see a female investigator, and what type of evidence I would get. There were a few negative tweets too, but I did my best to ignore them. It didn't help that the guys all kept promoting the new episode, and also promoted me at the same time – especially Zak – but their support and enthusiasm was greatly appreciated.

All I could do was hope that I lived up to the high standards that is the "Ghost Adventures" Crew, and I hoped I lived up to the expectations from the fans.

~*~*~*~*~

Roughly 8:00pm...

I had been at Zak's place most of the day, mainly helping him decorate the place for tonight – although he had some Halloween decorations up already, since it is his favourite Holiday of the year. His place ended up decorated from top to bottom, it was like a real life haunted house.

We also had set up drinks and glasses on the island counter in his kitchen, everything from water, soda, beer and wine. I also put out some finger foods - knowing the others would be arriving soon. Zak used a remote to turn on his stereo system - which started blasting music throughout most of the house - before he headed up to his room to change into his costume.

Once I was sure everything was set up, I headed upstairs as well and went into the guest room, where I had stored my costume earlier so Zak wouldn't see it. Despite his many pleas, I had refused to tell him what I had decided on for my costume, as I wanted it to be a surprise.

Since Zak had stuck to his idea of a vampire Jack the Ripper, I decided I would dress up as one of his "victims". I had done my research on Jack the Ripper and the 1880's fashion style of women in those times – which consisted mainly of floor length, corset dresses. Knowing I would be more comfortable in a full length skirt as opposed to something modern, I had purchased a Victorian, gothic, black satin maxi skirt with black lace trim, over layered black mesh. I also had purchased a red taffeta corset, adorned with a neckline of black crepe flowers. The hip area was also adorned by smaller bouquets. To complete the costume, I purchased a pair of Victorian, black, short heeled boots. They had lace on either side, which showcased some skin. I had then contacted Jennifer and was able to get my hands on a realistic looking "vampire bite" prosthetic piece for my neck, but nothing too gory – mainly just two holes, and I had made some fake blood earlier to apply as well.

~*~*~*~*~

After changing into the corset (my boobs, yikes!) and skirt, I plugged in my curling iron, having decided to give my hair some waves before I would pull some of it up into a Victorian style, and spread out my makeup to get ready to put on – bare minimum as usual. I would put on the vampire bite prosthetic and fake blood at the very end.

Just as I was about to start on my hair, I heard a yell from down the hall.

"Ali!?" Zak called from his room.