thirty four

"What are you thinking about?" I said to Harry. My legs sprawled across the white leather couch. He was seated in the armchair across from me.

His narrow gaze was focused on the window. One hand rested on his knee and the other rubbed his chin. He shrugged.

"Nothing," he said.

I pursed my lips. "You can tell me."

His gaze darted to me, then back to the window. He brought his hand down and licked his lips.

"My mother." he said.

I didn't respond.

Music softly played from the stereo in the corner of the room. I twisted my fingers in the throw blanket strewn over my shoulders. My chest felt heavy.

I didn't want to leave; yet the next day we were to board a flight back to London. The snowed-in city was too enticing. I had fallen in love with the commotion.

I looked at Harry again and my heart swelled. The happiness being with him brought onto me made me nervous, but I knew it was all engraved now. I couldn't erase this part of me like I did with Parker.

Harry meant more to me after a matter of months than Parker did after years, and for that I was proud. I didn't allow the abuse to stunt my growth as an individual, and I wish I could credit that to my own ability, but I couldn't. Harry Styles played his part and I wouldn't take back a second of it.

The door to the room opened suddenly and Riddle busted through, carrying a tray of paper cups.

"I brought tea." he said. He set them down on the counter. "Got you both earl grey, 'cause I know it's what Styles drinks. You're one in the same."

I smiled and stood. "Thank you, Riddle, I appreciate it."

"Sure," he said. He stood beside the counter, tugging his layers of coats and scarves off.

I walked to the counter and he slid a cup to me. It warmed my hands. I leaned my back against the granite and took a sip.

"Have you packed much yet?" I said.

Riddle shook his head. "I need to, though."

"Yeah," I said, chuckling. "We're out of here in the morning."

He hummed. "Styles, want your drink?"

Harry stood and turned. He walked to us and picked up his drink by the lid.

"Thanks, mate," he said, just before turning and disappearing into his bedroom. The door shut behind him.

Riddle quirked an eyebrow and looked at me. I sighed and shrugged.

"Thinking about his family," I said, quietly. "I think he's upset."

"Did something happen?"

I tapped my fingers along the cup. Nodding, I took a sip.

"Earlier, we..." I said, then stopped. "We went and saw his sister."

Realization dawned on Riddle's face, and he nodded. There was no more need for explanation.

"You want to go talk to him?" he asked.

I glanced at his door and shook my head. He needed his space. He would talk to me if he needed me; he knew I was here for him.

"Nah, later." I said. "You and I could figure out dinner though. Takeaway maybe?"

Riddle scoffed. "And brace the cold again? No thanks. How about room service?"

I smiled. "Fine by me. Let's wait a while before we order."

"Right. Watch a film in the meantime?"

I pushed myself from the counter and nodded. Riddle waved his hand towards his bedroom, where he swore was the best television. I knew he just wanted to lie in his own bed.

I settled into place with the throw blanket around my body and cup of tea in my hand. We decided on some feel-good indie film, after arguing between action and romantic comedy, and finally hit play. It took nearly five minutes to sway him from his demands to watch 13 Going on 30.

About halfway through the film, Harry wandered in. He pushed me towards the middle of the massive bed and scooted in next to me. He tugged on the edge of my blanket until I shared.

"You alright?" I whispered to him.

He nodded. When he kissed my forehead lightly, I knew he meant it. Beneath the blanket, I grabbed his hand.

Riddle enjoyed the movie more than I did. He seemed to have a thing for a good happy ending. Once it was over, he tossed Harry and I the booklet on his bedside table. Inside was a menu for the room service.

Once we decided, Riddle called the food in, using a phony voice for his own enjoyment.

"You are a child." Harry said, once Riddle hung up the phone.

Riddle snorted a laugh. "I know."

"We must look so odd." I said. "You know, the three of us laying in bed like this."

"We can cuddle, Till," Riddle said. "All three of us, cuddled up. Think it'd make it a little less bizarre?"

I hummed. "Can't say I do."

"Yeah," Harry said. "Fuck no."

Riddle cackled. "No fun you too. Too busy keeping each other's affection to yourselves. Share it with me, yeah?"

Harry scoffed. "You want me to kiss you too, Mick?"

"Well, if you insist-"

"That's enough." I said, laughing. I turned to look at Riddle. "I'm pretty sure you accidentally, or purposely, grabbed my ass about twenty minutes ago. That's enough action for you."

"You know you loved it." Riddle said.

"Every damn second." I cheekily replied.

Harry groaned. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his chest.

"Get your fucking own, Riddle." Harry said. "This one's mine."

"Oh, really?" I said, sitting up to look at Harry.

He lazily grinned at me. "Of course."

--

small chapter, i know, but a cute moment, yeah? i wanted to update for you all because of all the amazing feedback i've gotten since my last update. so many lovely comments and votes!! i love you all so much.

and honestly i love writing chapters like these. you can really fit the concrete details in. since not much is actually happening, it's easy to allow the reader really see the scene. it's easy to paint a picture. idk, i hope you all enjoyed it. i don't think i have too many like it.

thank you again, and i love all you readers!!

xx

becca