Chapter 15: Finding Out the Truth

What??? Another chapter so soon???

I told you guys I was working on the next part, and here it is. It's a little bit of a filler in some areas, but then others are pretty important. Either way, things should start picking up in the next chapter or two. (And yes, the next part is already in the process of being written).

Thank you to everyone for all the votes! It's greatly appreciated! Feel free to comment as well, because I read all of them. Let me know what you think! Enjoy!

-Caruscus

---------------------------------------------

No.

He walks towards me, his fingers rubbing the leather in his hands. I turn to try and run out the door after Tobias but a hand latches on my upper arm, throwing me to the ground away from the door. He shuts it and locks it, then turns to me.

"This is for your own good." He says robotically.

"You earned this." I hear another voice behind me. It's another Marcus holding another belt.

"This is what you get for leaving." I'm surrounded by at least five Marcus's. I stumble to my feet, cowering in fear.

All together their faces shift into fury, and then their arms go back. Then they bring their hands forward and in five different places I feel the belt crack against my skin.

I scream and fall to the floor, curling in on myself. Tears fall down my cheeks. More lashes hit me, with the occasional kick to the ribs thrown in.

He's going to kill me.

Deep down inside of me, I know this isn't real, but it feels real. He looks real, sounds real. The things he is saying to me now is not the first time I've heard them. They're like a mantra, drilled into my brain by him.

I need to fight back.

But how? I know without a doubt that this right here is my greatest fear. I came to dauntless for a reason. Though I say it's because of my test results, or to follow Tobias, or just because it's where I belong, a part of my mind will always believe it was to escape Marcus. If I had stayed in abnegation, he would have killed me.

Like he's going to do now unless I fight back.

Dauntless taught me how to fight. I need to use those skills now. I'm no longer the scared little abnegation girl who was abandoned by her brother and left for dead. No.

I'm the girl who's in the top five ranking, who got shot five times but still managed to win capture the flag, the girl who faced the person who tried to kill her. That's who I am.

I am brave.

I grab the next belt that hits me, yanking on it. That Marcus trips towards me and I pull him down. The other Marcus's abandon their belts and launch towards me. I punch the one on the left in the face, and kick the one on the right in the ribs. Damn did that ever feel good.

One comes up behind me and holds my arms behind my back while one in front of me hits my stomach. It momentarily takes my breath away, but I get my shit together and push off the Marcus behind me so I can kick the one in front of me with both my feet. He falls to the ground, and the Marcus behind me momentarily loses his grip.

I pull away from him and push him to the ground. As he falls to his knees I grab a belt and pull it tight around his throat. His hands claw up and he struggles for breath, but I just keep pulling tighter. I faintly feel tears running down my face, but ignore it. This man, the one who was supposed to care for me and be there for me, especially when my mother died, did nothing but hurt me. He deserves every second of this. His face slowly starts turning purple, and when he loses consciousness I drop his body like a sack of potatoes.