21

I wake up to blaring rap music coming from the kitchen. 'That is sooo not gonna fly,' I think to myslef as I storm into the kitchen and find Cole, Naomi, Kayla, and Grandma dancing to rap music.

I'm 90% sure my jaw actually hit the floor, "What?!" I gape. My grandmother was dancing with my little sister, and my two friends, at like 11 in the morning! Oh- Well, I guess that is a little late. Whoops. I slept a little late this time. I'll get 'em next time.

"W-What is this?!" I yell over the music, the shock of the current events blowing away and remains of drowsiness that may have remained.

"Kanye!" Naomi smiles back at me, her face shone with laughter as the corners of her mouth tug upwards she fails at keeping a straight face.

I throw my hands up, appearntly my grandma is more hip than I am. I leave the kitchen, shaking my head at the dance party. I decide that the most logical thing to do is to go look for someone who might have any logic. Like, any, would be great right now.

I make a sharp right into the bathroom, where I find a classic sharpie mustache drawn up my upper lip. Those demonic little children, "Oh this is not okay!" I yell back at them before I realize they can't hear me over their stupid 'Kanye' music.

I begin to rummage through the cabneits underneath the sink in search of something to help me remove my sharpie facail hair.

"Wow," I mummble as I run the nail polish remover on my upper lip, "A) This'll probably kill me later. And B) Someone's got some serious marker skills to be able to draw on my without actually touching me." I shake my head and look in the mirror.

Still me. The remains of the sharpie have thankfully faded to a lesser extent, and I venture out in persuit of Maddie, Ember, or Thal. Anyone would be better than the four in the kitchen.

I walk quickly into the room the girls were sleeping in. Nothing.

I run to the loud music and look out the slidding glass door. Nothing.

I run out the front door, only to find Maddie slouched over a crappy laptop Grandma must've given her, "Oh thank God," I mutter under my breath, not really expecting Maddie to hear me.

"What happened to the mustache?" She snorts at me before typing with green letters on a black screen.

"Were you in on that too?!" I demand.

Maddie turns to look at me, removing the laptop from her lap and placing it on the light gray cement, "Honey," She cocks an eyebrow at me, "That was my idea."

"Wh-WHAT?" I gawk at her, and she looks like she might kill me.

Maddie releases a heavy sigh, "Andrew, I did it because I think you could stand to..." She pauses, carefully planning her next words to make sure they wouldn't cause any more offense to me than she had already inflicted, "...Lighten up, a little."

I pull back way from Maddie, stunned by her sudden change in character, "Naomi isn't doing this is she? Naomi, stop."

Maddie sighs again, tilting her head and standing up to meet my gaze, "No, Andrew. It's not. It's me. I know you're supposed to be super dangerous and all, but really. We're safe here. You're with family. We're going to have to start going our seperate ways. Take a breath, Andrew. We're not being hunted anymore."

"But this isn't a movie," I point out, paranioa clouding my logic, "We're always going to be hunted. Well, maybe less so you and the others, but I will. I'm never going to be normal ever again. They will always track me down. I was the one Gray who found a way to cheat the system, and I got away. I'm never going to be able to go in public and not have to watch my back. Even the public is after me to a degree.