Soul 44: Devour

"Before one of us gives up..."

AVERY

Agad na binuksan ng kawal ang selda ni Zirrius upang malayang papasukin si Severus. Severus dismissed him and so he left. Seryoso ang mga abong mata ni Severus habang pinagmamasdan si Zirrius at mariing nakatikom ang mga maninipis niyang labi. I couldn't see any emotions from his eyes.

His silky black hair was tied in a low ponytail. It was more shiny and beautiful under this quiet darkness. His pale complexion just suits him well. He was wearing a simple V-neck black sweater and pants. I noticed the tight muscles on his barely exposed chest. His long, pointed ears were just sophisticated and gorgeous. Walang pakialam na sumandal siya sa pader at humalukipkip.

Galit na tingin ang ipinukol ni Zirrius kay Severus. No, he was not afraid. He was just mad and agitated. He was utterly angry at Severus. Galit siya dahil sa katotohanang ito ang pumatay sa ina niya. Galit siya dahil sa hindi makatarungang pagtrato ni Severus sa lahat ng mga elves sa iba't ibang kaharian. Galit siya sa pagiging sakim nito sa kapangyarihan.

But then, love is not the only thing that dominates this world and that's the cruel truth. There will always be greed, pride, envy and all the negative traits a man could have and harbor, waiting in the sidelines to devour it. Love does not hurt but these negative traits hurt.

Pakiramdam ko mas lalong lumamig sa loob ng selda ni Zirrius dahil sa presensiya ni Severus. Ramdam ko rin ang nadagdag na bigat sa sistema ni Zirrius dahil sa tensiyong bigla niyang naramdaman. The stare of this cruel Emperor in front of him was weighing tons. The whole surrounding was a blur now for Zirrius except when he was looking at Severus. Si Severus lang ang tanging nakikita niya nang malinaw ngayon.

Zirrius couldn't even distinguish the smell of the whole surrounding. The scent of dust and dirt must be lingering now on his nose but then he couldn't smell any of it. He was now confused if his senses were just malfunctioning. He even tried to use his hearing to feel. Wala siyang naririnig sa buong paligid kundi ang paghinga lang niya. Kahit ang paghinga ni Severus ay hindi niya marinig.

Wala sa sariling napasabunot siya sa buhok niya. Everything here was driving him insane. Hindi ko alam kung dahil lang ba ito sa malakas na presensiya ni Severus. Silence, there was only silence until Severus spoke. His voice was calm but felt like a silent thunder. It was also sharp as lightning.

"I know, you are stubborn. Hindi mo pa rin aaminin ang totoo. Kung gano'n, maglaro muna tayo," seryosong saad niya. "It will be entertaining to witness how miserable you can get," he said as his teasing red lips curved into a meaningful grin. "Gusto ko ring malaman kung tutulungan ka ba ni Avery o hahayaan ka niyang masaktan. She was brave to leave her own body but is she brave enough to save you? Unfortunately, she just needs you beause you're her host and she is as selfish as she was before."

"Mukhang hinikayat ka rin niya na maging elf kaysa maging tao dahil sa mga pansarili niyang interes. She's just manipulating you. I'm sure she doesn't even care about you. Even if you suffer in my hands, she will just think of herself, on how she can survive," he added. The heaviness of the surroundings becomes thicker. As if he was also suffocating me with his words.

He was provoking me to come out on my own. Kung hindi lang ako nakakadena, baka kanina pa ako lumabas upang harapin siya. I do care about Zirrius. Yes! I'm selfish! But I will never sacrifice him!