Ninety seven

"Yeh accha hain, saath mein shower lelo toh kithna time save hotha hain" Manik said as they were sitting in the balcony, sipping some coffee.

She gave a hopeless look at him.

"What? Why that look?" he asked.

"Nothing, forget it" she replied.

"What are we going to do the whole week? 9 more days for classes to start" she said.

"Yeah, break kithna jaldhee khatham ho gaya na" he said.

"I guess I need to go to office tomorrow, I need to get my certificate of completion" she said,

"Will anyone be there?" he asked.

"Yeah, they shifted the operations to the third floor now, I still didn't get any email about my presentation as well. Not sure if the job is going to be permanent" she said worriedly.

"Don't worry, yeh nai toh kuch aur, I am sure so many people will be ready to hire you once you graduate" he said with a confident smile.

"You have so much confidence on me huh" she replied.

"Yes! Business studies is not easy and undergrad is even more difficult, when you managed to get A's in all the subjects, I can easily estimate your capabilities" he said.

"Good to know" she replied with a smile.

"And agar kuch achha nai milaa, toh I will send you back to India, work for our company" he said.

"What did you plan for the 6 months, till I graduate?" she asked.

"Well, first I thought I will get a job and then we can leave together, but the music school offered me a permanent job, so I will probably take that up and work there till you graduate. What do you think?" he asked her.

"Not a bad idea, but if you want to go back, its fine. I will manage, it's just one semester" she said.

"No way, I have another idea as well, thinking about shifting the gang here and setting someone up to take care of the business there, but I am not sure if it works" he said.

"Don't you think that's too risky? I mean leaving the entire business on some outsider?" she asked.

"Ya that's what even I have been thinking about, let's see how it works" he replied.

"Is sab ki chakkar mein, you missed my first question, the break is going to finish and what are we going to do?" Nandini asked again.

"Well, 4 more days here, vele, and then I have a surprise for you. We are going on an outing, just the two of us" he said.

"Sachhii?" she asked her eyes wide open in happiness.

"Car ki headlights bhi ithne round and glowing nai hothe hain baby" he said.

Now she was showing her teeth, what do I do with this girl?

"Haan sacchhi, I have planned something, and before you ask, it's a surprise. I have done it a couple times but it is going to be a first for you" he said.

"I am excited" she said.

"Acha, do you think I have clothes enough for the place we are going? Or do I have to go shopping?" she said.

"Oh please! For god's sake, no shopping and you have enough clothes, in fact more than enough" he replied.

"Awesome" she replied.