Interoffice Relationship (Podrick Payne x reader) Modern AU

You sighed heavily as you pushed your chair toward another filing cabinet. "Long day?" the voice of your friend and co-worker came from in front of your desk. You turned and flashed him a smile. "Long week, more like. Does Tyrion need something?" Podrick nodded and handed you a slip of paper with everything your employer needed. Tyrion Lannister was both the best and the worst boss you'd ever had. He insisted that you all call him by his first name. He treated all his employees wonderfully, but he was tough. He expected 100% best effort all day every day. Luckily, you had Pod to keep you from getting too stressed.

Podrick Payne was your best friend, who was actually the guy you were in love with. He was in love with you too, but neither one of you wanted to mess with what you already had. Not to mention, you worked together. Tyrion didn't have anything against interoffice relationships, but his father Tywin, the owner of the company, did. For that reason, neither one of you acted on your feelings for one another.

You handed Podrick the information Tyrion needed and turned your attention back to your files. "Hey, Y/N?" You looked back at Pod over your shoulder. He was looking down at the ground, but you could still see the blush painting his cheeks. "Yeah?" You fought back a chuckle. Podrick was always pretty shy, but this was worse. "I was wondering if you'd like to go with me to the company party tomorrow night?" You quirked a brow at him.

"Pod, Tywin Lannister will be there. You hate him. Come to think of it, you hate company parties," you said, causing his shoulders to slump in defeat. "Well, I mean, if you're busy. I just didn't want to go alone and since you're my best friend." You actually did laugh this time. "I didn't say no. I'd like to go." The smile he gave you was nothing short of brilliant. "Great! I'll just take this to Tyrion." You shook your head and looked down at your computer screen.

The next night, you pulled into the driveway of the vast Lannister Home. Casterly Rock, they called it. Podrick pulled up just as you were getting out of the car. "Hey!" He smiled at you before turning and walking into through the front doors. If one thing could be said about the Lannisters, it was that they knew how to throw a party. The house was already full of life. Music was playing, people were drinking and chatting.

You and Pod entered and Tyrion immediately noticed you. "Pod! Y/N!" he called, making his way over to you on his short legs. "Hello, Tyrion!" you both greeted. He gave you a smirk and said, "I see the two of you arrived together. Finally decided to give being a couple a try?" You felt your cheeks heat up. Tyrion knew the feelings you and Pod had for one another. He'd noticed the two of you dancing around it for months. "No, Tyrion. Your father would never approve. You know that," you said.

Tyrion chuckled and replied, "Between you and me, my father doesn't approve of much of anything." Your and Pod's laughter joined his before Tyrion caught sight of something behind you. "Ah, my brother has decided to come home for a while after all." You looked over your shoulder at the elder Lannister. He flashed you a charming smile. "Y/N! It is lovely to see you again," he said, snaking his arms around your waist.

Pod glared at Jaime. He hated it when Jaime flirted with you and you knew it. So, you took a step away from the man and smiled. "Good to see you too, Jaime. Pod, why don't we go grab a drink?" Pod turned to you, the glare leaving his face instantly. "Sure." As you walked to the bar, you felt Pod's arm wrap around your waist. You chuckled to yourself.

"A little jealous, are we?" He growled a bit when you playfully nudged him. Pod never could lie to you so he sighed and answered, "Yes. I hate when he does that." You ordered your drink from the bartender Tywin had hired and turned to face Pod. "You don't have to worry. I am not interested in Jaime Lannister." Pod looked deep into your (e/c) eyes.

"But, you could be with him. You can't be with me. Mr. Lannister would force Tyrion to fire both of us," he said sadly. You rolled your eyes and leaned in to kiss his cheek. As you watched his eyes widen and his face flush, you couldn't help but fall for him further. Apparently, Pod felt the same because he said, "You know what? I don't even care anymore. I can't keep walking around pretending I don't have feelings for you. I can't tiptoe around it anymore. I love you, Y/N."

Before you could reply, his lips were on yours. For a moment, you were too stunned to move, but then you melted into his arms and began returning the kiss. The room suddenly erupted with cheers, causing you to back away from Pod and giggle. Everyone was watching you, with smiles on their faces. There were murmurs of "about time" and "finally" from all around the room. The only person not smiling was Tywin Lannister. "Mr. Lannister?" you called up to him. His brow rose. "I quit!" you said as you took Pod's hand and lead him outside.

Once outside, you pressed your lips to Pod's again, reveling in the feeling of them. When you parted from him, he rested his forehead on yours and you whispered, "I love you too, Pod." He smiled at you and asked, "How about we go grab a bite to eat?" You nodded and kissed his cheek again.

p