Impossible (Robb Stark x fem!Lannister reader)

You were so happy to arrive in Winterfell. You'd been traveling for weeks with your family and you'd had enough. Your older brothers were wonderful and, had you been able to ride alongside them, you would have been fine. However, because you were the youngest Lannister daughter, you were forced to ride in the carriage with your sister Cersei and her children. It was no secret that Cersei hated you. You just didn't know why. Probably because Jaime and Tyrion always took your side in fights with her.

Needless to say, you were eager to get out of the carriage and stretch your legs. You couldn't get out fast enough when the carriage pulled to a stop and the door opened. "How do you fair, little sister?" Jaime asked as he dismounted his horse. You smiled up at him. "Very well now that I am no longer stuffed in that wheelhouse." You quickly moved to walk behind Cersei and the children, knowing you would be expected to greet the Lord and Lady of Winterfell.

Your Lannister green eyes scanned Stark family with interest. Your goodbrother King Robert loved the Stark family while your sister hated them. That automatically made you like them. Anything to get under your sister's skin. You smiled happily at Lord and Lady Stark before turning your eyes to the young man next to Lord Stark. His brilliant blue eyes met yours and you felt yourself blush for probably the first time in your life. He gave you a smile, which you eagerly returned. You sister noticed and glared at you. This was going to be an interesting visit indeed.

That night, there was a grand feast for the royal family. You sat up near your sister, despite your protests to Jaime. About an hour into the feast, the eldest Stark son whose name you now knew was Robb approached you and asked for a dance. You bit your lip, unsure. You did not really know traditional Northern dances, but Robb's smile made you want to try. "Thank you," you whispered once you were close enough.

His eyes danced across your face, as if he were trying to determine something. "You are not like the rest of your family. You are more...kind," he told you. You chuckled quietly. "I would not go that far." As he continued leading you to the dance floor, he told you that he could see it in your eyes. He turned and placed his arm around you waist. You immediately stiffened and he laughed. "Relax, my lady. I promise you are in good hands. I will not let you embarrass yourself," he whispered to you.

You ended up dancing with Robb for the rest of the evening, despite many other young ladies glaring daggers at you. By the time the feast was over, you felt you'd known Robb all your life. He escorted you to your chambers, but you were not ready to part with him yet. It was clear he felt the same because he did not leave immediately. For a moment, there was a comfortable silence between you. You simply stood there, gazing into those blue eyes that everyone else in your family seemed to hate.

You spent time everyday during your stay with Robb. You went riding with him and his half-brother Jon. You watched him train in the practice yard and you took strolls with him around Winterfell's grounds. You fell hard and you fell fast. Your family, except Tyrion, tried to discourage your feelings, especially Cersei, but you couldn't help it. It was impossible not to fall in love with him just as it seemed impossible for you to be together.

One afternoon, you found yourself up on the ramparts of the castle, staring out across Winterfell. "It is beautiful, isn't it?" Robb's voice made you jump. You peered at him over your shoulder. He was stifling a chuckle at your fright. "It is lovely, Robb. The view is much more pleasant here than in King's Landing or Casterly Rock," you admitted. Robb suddenly looked shy, an expression that was foreign on the young wolf's face.

"What is it, Robb?" Robb took a deep breath before asking, "What are your feelings for me?" Your brows furrowed and you frowned slightly. You had no idea why he was asking you this. "I-I enjoy your company. I enjoy it more than I do most other people. You are kind and charming. A wonderful young man." He sighed heavily and replied, "You are avoiding the question, Y/N." He turned to face him fully and gazed once again into those eyes that make your knees weak. "I know what I feel for you, Y/N. I don't want you to leave. Don't return to King's Landing with that horrid sister of yours. Stay in Winterfell with me until we can marry."

You stared at him, stunned. Marriage? No one had ever offered marriage before. Robb watched your face as the expression changed from one of shock to one of glee. "You...you wish to marry me?" you asked him softly. He didn't answer for a moment. He took a step toward you and place his hands on your hips. "I do. I know it seems impossible, a Lannister and a Stark, but I have never wanted anything more in my life. I wish to call you mine, if you will called me yours."

You gave him a watery smile as your eyes flooded with tears. "I would love nothing more," you said and before you knew it, his lips were on yours. It didn't matter that anyone could climb the steps or look up and see you. You relished the feeling of his lips. His beard had grown in and it scratched your cheeks lightly. When you broke apart, you said breathlessly, "My father..." Robb shook his head before kissing you again. He couldn't get enough.

You pushed him back gently, laughing. "Robb, be serious. He would never approve of this match." Robb shook his head again. He gave your hips a slight squeeze and said, "I don't care. I love you. I will not let him keep us apart." He rested his forehead on yours, his eyes never once leaving your face. You smiled and pulled him closer. You moved to rest your head on his chest and stayed like that for as long as you dared. Maybe Robb was right. Perhaps the impossible was possible after all.

� 7��U�