9

GUYS GO CHECK OUT darcosaurus PROFILE AND FIRST FANFIC 'Fade In, Fade Out' ITS BRILLIANT♡

♡☆

The two security guards clasped their arms around me as I strolled into Candor. Of course- security was on high alert. Four caught my eye and I kept my eyes from connecting with his. On the other hand, I saw Callan once again and just smiled. He followed guards and me to Jack Kang's office.

"Don't hurt her you two, she's a special one." Jack's distinctive voice echoed through the room. The guards let go but stayed close behind. "Long time no see, Miss Hollester." Jack smirked at me when he turned. He took in my appearance and his face lit up. "What a sophisticated young lady you have become." His eyes flicked to my eyes.

They became teary all of a sudden and he rushed over and hugged me tightly. "You've been through so much." I nod.

"Eric doesn't love me." I whisper and cry into his shoulder. Jack's hug tightens and he whispers 'sh' over and over again. "He was just playing me so I'd be a part of their divergent ridding scheme." Jack caressed me hair.

"I'm sorry to hear all this Cass but I'm going to have to ask you to go on trial with Tobias Eaton and Beatrice Prior tomorrow." I pushed away.

"You mean Four and Tris." I corrected and nodded. "I'll do a trial." I knew what a trial consisted of. I'd grown up here, watching people get injected with truth serum and being injected myself.

The only fear I had about being back here was the possibility of seeing my father. I couldn't face him now. He'd look at me in disgust and probably hit me. As I thought more about it, I realised I'd been through much worse than him. I wasn't scared of him anymore, I was stronger than that now.

¤

It had just turned 5pm and the sky was starting to get dark. I sat at the roof of the Candor building looking up at the changing sky above me. It was so beautiful.

A door swung open behind me.

"I thought you had left us again." It was the voice I'd probably least expected, Tris.

"Nah, my running days are over. May have chosen Dauntless but I'm surely not one of them." I chuckle.

"I don't think that's a bad thing right now. The remaining actual Dauntless are trying to kill us so yeah." She murmurs and laughs.

"And one of those actual Dauntless trying to kill us is my boyfriend." I laugh alongside her and we laugh together. This moment felt so surreal- it was the first time I'd gotten to actually be truthful with her.

"What even attracted you to him?" When she asked this my mind flicks back to the first time I ever laid eyes on him. On top of the Dauntless compound those two years ago. The way I'd made him look like a bit of a twăț. It made me giggle.

"He was so sweet with me but then again he wanted me to do well which I was thankful for. He pushed me to my breaking point but that's what I needed then. I needed to be broken to be mended and he was the one who mended me. I admired everything he did for me. I even remember our first kiss- he'd just beaten up my father and was doubting himself. Good times." I smile and a tear falls from my eye.

"You miss him, don't you?" Tris asks me a stupid question. Of course I missed him. He was the only person worth me living my life and now I've lost him. I'd lost him because I was boring.

I simply nodded and sighed.

Another voice arose then.

"Um Tris, Four wants to see you." It was Callan. I murmur a goodbye to Tris and return to gazing into the skyline. Callan didn't leave.

I must've been popular today.

"Mind if I sit with you?" Callan asks, raising his eyebrows. I chuckle.

"Just sit down you dick." I smile and happily chuckle.

Callan sits next to me and looks at the buildings lining the city's landscape. "The view is perfect, right?" I nudge his elbow and speak.

"It's beautiful." He whispers. "Like you." He murmurs and sighs.

"What?" I question as if I hadn't heard when I clearly had.

"Oh nothing." He corrects and smiles at me. "Doesn't your father live here?" He asks me. I nod at him.

"And my older brother." I inform and he gives an appropriate nod of the head. "I should really find him but I can't face my father again." I sigh.

"Who says you can't? You know you are stronger than him. If he really thinks he can overpower you now then he has another thing coming to him." He pauses. "It's worth it if you get to see your brother once again isn't it? I would've battled anything to see mine." Callan gives an emotional yet breathtaking speech.

"Will you come with me just in case?" He nods in answer.

I was going to be strong.

I was going to see my brother.

I was going to face my father.