If This is What it Takes

........................
I couldn't resist it. I had to carry on with the story. So here I am, updating much earlier than I had told myself I would.

So this chapter has a song! It is "This Is What It Takes" by our beloved Shawn! Initially the song was supposed to be "Somebody to You" by The Vamps, but it kind of changed midway through this chapter, though I still think it is very relevant.

So people have approved of the shipping name I came up with, so I guess it's official: Shawndie!

I hope you like this chapter!
Xxx,
Sara
........................
Shawn's POV:

I like Sadie.

How couldn't I have been able to realize this before? The way that it feels so good to be around her, how everything is so natural, the way that I feel so happy, and how I feel this need to put a smile on her face. How she is so beautiful, so sweet and dorky, in a cute way.

She is so different from other girls. I never felt this pull I feel towards Sadie, like she has her own gravitational field. None of them can make me feel the same way I feel when I am with Sadie.  I have kissed other girls before, but certainly I never had a kiss not even close to similar to the kiss I shared with Sadie. I never had felt this emotion erupt inside of me in a kiss. In a kiss or in any way. Not before Sadie.

I freaking like Sadie Salvay.

I realized this the moment our kiss broke, and I looked into her eyes. All I wanted was more. To feel this feeling again and again. But looking into her eyes, I could read something in them which made my heart sink.

"Sadie, are you okay?" I ask, looking at her concerned eyes that were unusually bright.

"Shawn, it's just... I really don't want to loose our friendship. I-" She takes a ragged deep breath, trying not to let the tears flow. She gently takes my hand that was cupping her face in hers, and pulls it down. "I know that you only did it in the flow of the moment, and I kind of was, too, and I know that you don't see me than more than just a friend, and our friendship is too important for me for it to be ruined. So please, Shawn, can we just-" She takes in another ragged breath, looking at everywhere but at me. "Can we just pretend that this never happened? Just continue exactly how everything was?"

I wanted to say no. I wanted so much to say that I couldn't pretend like this kiss didn't happen, tell her that I wanted to repeat it, tell that I didn't see her only as a friend. But I just couldn't. The pleading tone in her voice, the look in her eyes that she feared to loose me and that she might break into tears at any second, and something more that was bothering her. Seeing her like this broke my heart, and I just couldn't let the words I wanted to tell her so much leave my mouth.

"I... Yes, of course. Don't worry, I promise you that our friendship won't be ruined."

***

Sadie's POV:

No, I won't let myself. I simply won't let myself develop feelings for Shawn. Which unfortunately was happening.

No. I can't let this happen. I can't let this happen if I want to keep this amazing friendship that I have with Shawn, if I want to keep my heart unbroken.

I just knew that Shawn didn't feel the same way back. He can have literally any girl. Not only a much better girl between thousands and thousands of girls around the world, but he could have a model, or a successful actress or singer. Why the hell would he ever choose me?