Chapter 47: Alura

A Few Hours Later...

I twiddle with my thumbs as the nurse from earlier, which I learned her name is Kaylee, types on her keyboard before a paper prints. She turns away from the computer and grabs the paper. She examines it and turns to me, still looking at the paper.

"Okay, so everything seems to be going good. You're healing nicely. So, I suppose I could release you, but you have to take it easy for a bit. Nothing to bad. " she says after looking up at me. I nod.

"Okay, but for how long?" I ask nervously. She sighs.

"Listen Morgan, I know you're going through a rough time, but you need to take it easy, it's not good for you or Leah. So you need to relax, let Cole handle this, he knows what he's doing." she explains. I nod sadly.

"I just hope we find her soon. I miss her so much." I say more to myself then Kaylee. My lip quivers.

"I know baby." she says in her thick accent. She picks up a pill bottle and hands it to me.

"Twice a day. One in the morning, one at night. It helps the pain, and quickens the healing process." she explains. I nod and stand up before hugging her.

"Thanks Kaylee. For everything." I pull away and smile at her before exiting the room.

I changed out of that sickening hospital gown earlier. It was covered in blood, it disgusted me. So I asked Ashley to bring me some yoga pants and my black pullover, which she gladly did.

I walk into the waiting room to be greeted by my Mom, Ashley, and Emily. Logan left to go to his friends house like, 20 minutes ago.

"Ready to head out?" I ask them. They all nod. My mother wipes her hands on her slacks, like she often does when nervous.

"Mom? What's wrong?" I question. She smiles forcefully and shakes her head.

"Nothing babe. Just hoping Leah comes home soon." she says simply. I nod my head suspiciously. She's not telling me something.

"Okay, well I'm heading over to Cole's office to see how everything is coming along. So I'll see you guys later." I say and wave to them. They all nod and leave me as I walk down the hall to Cole's office.

I push open the dark door, and the overwhelming smell of Cole invades my nose. I spot Cole sitting in his large black chair, tugging frustratedly at his brown locks while examining a paper. Darian sits, sorting through different files on the leather seat opposite him. They both hear me close the door and look up, Cole visibly relaxes. I smile slightly.

"Hey guys." I greet quietly and sit down on the chair next to Darian. I pick up a file.

"Can I help?" I ask Cole. He thinks it over for a second before nodding.

"Yeah sure. We're trying to gather everything we can on May." he explains. I nod and open the file and begin reading when an idea enters my head.

"We still going to visit Maya?" I ask them. Cole shrugs.

"If you feel up to it. When can we meet with her?" I look up from the paper for a moment and do a mental checklist.

"Um, today. Just let me text her." I say and pull out my phone from the sweatshirt pocket before quickly texting Maya.

"Okay. Message sent. Hopefully she knows something." I say and return my attention to the paper.

2 Hours Later...

"Still no response?" he asks me. I shake my head.

"None. It's been like 2 hours. I wonder what's keeping her." I say and glance at the message I sent a little over two hours ago.

"You don't think..." Cole trails off. I look up at him and shake my head.

"Never. She is one of my best friends, and she loves Leah. She could never do this." I respond. He nods and looks back down at the folder.

"Plus, all signs point to May." I say and put my phone on the desk.

"Everything. She has a verdict. She is gone. Leah is gone. It makes sense. Don't try pinning this on my friend because you want to protect that mate of yours." I say getting angry that he is trying to blame her, when clearly it's May.

"Don't do that." he says, still looking down. I throw my hands in the air and stand up.

"Do what? Say the truth?" I yell. I look glare at him as he shoots up from his seat.

"No Morgan! Try and blame me! You do that a lot ya know! And normally I just let it slide, but not this time! Because I have explained everything to you, and apologized, and tried so hard to make us a family! Not many teen mothers get that!" he shouts. I falter slightly. I really am a jerk huh?

I open my mouth to explain, but a splitting pain erupts in my head and darkness takes over yet again.

The sun shines brightly through the trees. I sit up and see the same beautiful woman from before.

"What's your name?" I ask her and sit up against the log as I look across from me to the lady sitting on a rock with her hair shining in the sun.

"Alura." she responds. I nod.

"It means 'Divine Counselor'. In some language." she jokes. I laugh and nod.

"That you are Alura. So, why am I here again?" I ask her. She gets up and walks to me.

"You want to know where Leah is?" she asks me. I nod vigorously.

She bends down in front of me and rests her hands on either side of my head.

A picture of a light brown wooden cabin resting in the woods, flashes through my head, and I feel like I know where it is, but I can't come up with directions. A loud cry echoes from the cabin before the image disappears and Alura takes its place.

"Go to her."

Yay! Chapter! So, Alura, who do you think she is? Do you think perhaps Maya took Leah instead of May? And the way Cole reacted, did it seem fair? Anyways, vote and comment, means a lot!
Kisses,😘