Chapter Fourteen

Marley

 "I don't know where you are or what you're doing, but you better come back to me." Sarah's voice swirls around me, but she's not here. I slump against the couch and sigh.

"Marley, are you okay?" He frowns.

"Um, yeah." I nod.

"Adam will be at the party tonight."

"Now you're best friends?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I think he trusts me now, so we should know all the updated information about you."

"Okay." I nod.

"Do you want to come to the party with us?"

"I don't know." I shrug.

"Perhaps dancing will make you feel better? I think we both might lose our minds if we don't do something fun. Plus I think my mother thinks I'm going insane since I'm talking to myself."

"I've already lost my body, I suppose it doesn't matter if I lose my mind now." I force a chuckle.

"Oh Marley, haven't you heard? We're all mad here."

"Especially you." I laugh.

"Just think about it, we still have the entire afternoon."

"Okay."

Trent's phone pings and he smiles.

"What are you smiling about?"

"Adam's here. We're going to play this new racing game he got yesterday."

"Are you kidding me?" I pout.

Trent jumps up and races down the hallway. He soon appears with Adam who for once, doesn't look like a sobbing mess.

Adam drops his bag by the couch and drops down. He looks around the room and nods.

"I wish my parents would let me put a television in my room." He groans.

"When you make the elite team, perhaps they'll re-consider?"

Adam thoughtfully nods. "Perhaps."

The pair lounge on the couch and put their game on. I awkwardly loom in the background until Trent checks the time on his phone. Somehow hours have passed for them, an eternity for me.

"We should get ready otherwise we'll be late."

Adam agrees, so Trent turns the game off.

"What are you wearing tonight?" Trent asks.

"Just this?" Adam frowns.

"Seriously?"

"What's wrong with my outfit?"

"You can borrow something of mine. I have a green t-shirt you might like."

"Cheers."

Trent searches his wardrobe before producing a button down, dark green t-shirt which makes Adam smile. He tosses it to him, then disappears in the bathroom with a bundle of clothing.

He returns dressed in a navy blue shirt with two white strips on the right side. His hair is neatly style to the side with wax and he smells amazing.

"You can borrow my hair wax if you want."

"Thanks."

"Does my brother embarrass you?" I chuckle.

Trent shoots me a glare as he wanders to his wardrobe. He slides on a pair of black converses and tucks the laces into the side.

Once they're ready, Trent grabs his phone and wallet from his side table and directs Adam down the hallway. His mother wanders into the entrance with a bright smile.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah." Trent nods.

"Don't be out too late, your father has that thing tomorrow."

"I won't." Trent sighs.

We pile outside and climb into the back of his mother's grey four wheel drive. Adam awkwardly looks out the window while Trent slimps deeper into the leather chair.

Hopefully the party is more exciting than today.

* * * * *