Chapter 27

Sorry for the long wait everyone!!!! Please don't be mad at me O.O !!! Hope y'all enjoy the chappie!!!! BTW, thank you @warriorwithabook for all your comments in the previous chapter!   -Roxy

Chapter 27

In my state; I stumbled forwards despite how little effort Logan had put into the push on my back. I smacked right into a muscular man who was slightly shorter than my mate. His dark eyes were filled with amusement under his short, greying, light brown hair as he watched me. “Are you alright Luna?” He asked; his tone condescending as if he were talking to a little girl. Which is probably what they all think when they see me. I concluded gloomily as I took in the fact that everyone else was also watching me with small, patronizing, smirks on their faces, similar to the one on the man’s in front of me.

Keep your head up, prove them all wrong! My wolf urged; her feelings of offence at their perception of us clearly flowing through my veins. My nervousness vanished immediately; replaced by a burning desire to put the pack members of the Blood Moon Pack in their place. Below me, I thought. I straightened up and met the man’s eyes with an unwavering gaze. “Thank you.”

He bowed slightly. “My name is James; it’s a pleasure to finally meet you, Luna. I am the head instructor in charge of all of the training sessions of the Blood Moon Pack.” He explained; that underlying tone of amusement still in his voice.

“Well, I can’t wait to see how well you’ve trained them then.” I replied; eyeing the people around me wearily, studying them as they did me. My green eyes met Logan’s grey ones. “Who do I get to train with?” I asked; plastering a doe-eyed, defenceless look on my face.

A worried expression crossed his face as he realised what I’d just asked him. My heart fluttered at the thought of him worried for my safety; though it didn’t change my mind on the matter of training. He came up behind me; looking not at all happy with what he’d said next. “It’s your pick, Chelsea. Is that alright with you James?” He demanded; his tone of voice not really leaving any room for a ‘no’. The smirk on the instructors face immediately disappeared as he felt his Alpha’s gaze on him.

“Of course, Alpha.” He mumbled.

I held a finger up to my lips as I assessed the female shifters around me; cocking my head to the side. My eyes landed on a woman with bleach blonde hair; every single thing about her screaming athletic. She was taller than me; her frame packed with nothing but muscle, which was easily noticeable through her tight fitting clothes. She had one of the largest smirks among all the people in the crowd as her yellow eyes met mine; clearly seeing me as a low threat opponent.

I pointed at her; having the pleasure of seeing her eyebrows shoot up as I did. “I would like to train with you, if that’s alright.”

James’ smirk returned. “Camille, please come forward.” The shifter did as she was told. “Luna, this is Camille; the best female fighter in the pack.”

“It’s great to meet you.” She gushed; her tone oozing demean.

"Great to meet you too!" I replied; as we were both lead to the center of the meadow, a circle of shifters already formed around it. I took my place at one end of the ring, Camille doing the same on the other. Logan stepped in between us, the worry he still felt for my safety vibrating through our bond. I felt bad for making him feel that way, but I had to fight. If I didn’t and just stayed on the sidelines, I would never get the respect I deserved from the members of the pack because my wolf and I would be perceived as weak; and I would never let that happen.

He looked to Camille, who I then noticed was watching my mate with lustful eyes; my wolf growling in response. Has Logan slept with her? I wondered; my fury building as well as the thought of that happening fuelled my aggression. "Ready?" He demanded from Camille, who was still watching him with an extremely inappropriate look in her eyes; which seemed to go unnoticed by my mate, much to my satisfaction. Ha! Take that! I snapped in my head, a smug smile unconsciously appearing on my lips.