A First.

Chapter Nine: A First.

Parker's POV: Before

"You leave in the morning..." Jessica whispered quietly into the darkness of the room. I could feel her body sinking more deeply into my own as she nuzzled her face into my shirt.

"Let's not think about that. I just want to spend this last night with you here, in my arms." I told Jessica honestly. This was perfect... a perfect night to remember until I got to hold her in my arms once again.

"I know that we promised not to cry, which is completely cliche, but just so you know I spent this morning balling my eyes out in the shower." Jessica laughed as she told me about her slip up in our pinky promise.

"Since we're being honest, I shed a few tears this morning too." I told Jess even though I was definitely fibbing about the 'few' tears that had been shed, it was more like I cried like the big baby that I am.

"Wow, a few tears that sure makes me feel special." Jessica sarcastically remarked as she slapped my chest. I then leaned down and laid down so that I could easily whisper into Jessica's ear.

"Alright, you caught me it was more like a million tears that were shed." I felt Jessica freeze up then and I realized just how close we actually were. I froze up too when Jessica started to lean in because this was definitely the most compromising position we had ever been in. Sure, we had made out and cuddled before but this felt way more intimate than any other time.

I started to slow down after things got a bit too heated which happened very quickly. Jessica seemed to want to keep going but this isn't what I wanted for us, I didn't want to rush things with her it doesn't matter that I am leaving.

"What's wrong? You seem a little dazed?" Jessica asked me as she pulled away from me completely. I was still debating if I should tell her my concern, I didn't want to seem like I just assumed things were heading in that direction that would seem presumptuous and it would make me look like a complete jerk.

"Honestly, I think that we should stop before we get ahead of ourselves, you know? I don't want to rush anything just because..." I stopped mid sentence because I could feel my face heating up and I knew that I was starting to sound like a complete idiot.

"You're adorable!" Jessica laughed as my cheeks felt to be getting warmer as the seconds went by. "And Parker," She took a deep breathe. "I really want to do this, not because you're leaving or because this could be our last chance to be completely alone but because I really want this to happen, with you." My cheeks were on fire once she finished speaking and I knew that this is what I wanted too.

"Are you sure?" I asked just to be 100% certain and when Jessica laughed and nodded her head I knew that this would be a night I would never ever forget.

~

"I'm sorry again and I'll see you soon." I whispered to Jessica as we hugged in front of all of our parents and siblings. Luckily nobody seemed to notice that we held onto each other for a longer period than we should have.

"It's okay, I was expecting it to hurt the first time. Now, come home safely, okay? And I'll miss you." Jessica whispered back very, very quietly.

"I'll miss you too." Before we could say anything else we pulled away so we wouldn't look too suspicious and then Daniel clapped me on the back. It looks like it was time to go, we gave our family's one last hug and then off we went. I looked back longingly at what I was leaving behind, even more specifically the people I was leaving. I locked eyes with Jessica, who had tears in her eyes, and I knew that when I got home, I would be a better man for her. Unfortunately she left, too soon, with one last fleeting wave at both Daniel and I.

"So, I guess it's just you and I now." Daniel said, trying to make it seem like everything was okay. I nodded solemnly and soon both of us were overtaken by the feeling of leaving everything behind, our friends, our family, and I don't know about Daniel but I was leaving behind the love of my life.

~*~*~*~*

Hey!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Let me know what you think, I always love to hear feedback on what I've written.

Until The Next Update!

bookworm