Chapter 37: Perfect

Hope you like this. Enjoy guys. Sorry about typo's. If any.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you ready?" Nathan asked me, my hand held securely in his.

"Not even in the least." I said, squeezing his hand in mine.

"Are you ready?" I asked him, looking up at his face to gauge the direction of his thoughts.

He threw me an affronted look that said 'I'm-Alpha-I'm-always-ready'.

I sighed at his confidence, then plucked up my courage which was slinking away in self-pity and squared my shoulders.

Okay, let's do this.

I looked into Nathan's green eyes and nodded, indicating I was ready. When Nathan led me into a section, of the AISB I'd never been to. Hell, I'd never known it'd existed. Probably because I was too busy trying to get rid of a psychotic killer who was hell bent on destroying me and taking my place with my mate.

After everything I'd been through, technically speaking, talking to the mother of my mate (who may or may not want to kill me herself) should be a cake walk. I should be saying: Bitch, please.

Yeah, well. Guess not.

I stepped into a brightly lit room with a semi-circular table and two chairs in front of them.

Woow. I feel like I'm in 80's. What's with the table?

I met Nathan's mother's green eyes head on. The hell if I let her see that she creeps the crap out of me. Her blonde hair was pulled back in a high ponytail, accentuating her high cheekbones. She was in off-shoulder dress that came down to her knees.

Was she going to a party after this?

I noticed something else too. It was black.

I threw Nathan a dry look and he smirked back at me when he realized his mom was wearing black too. I’d worn well, a candy pink jean and a blue turtle neck.

And my mate, ever the black-lover had, well, a black shirt on and a faded jean.

He looked so delectable I wanted to jump him.

He threw me a look that said focus.

He was my mate, I could ogle/lust after him whenever I wanted.

So, when we came to stand right in front of the Council members, I just grinned goofily back at him, then tugged him closer with the hold I had on his hand and smacked one right on his lips, going as far as wrapping my hands around him.

Nathan instinctively kissed me back before he applied a slight pressure to my hips, where he’d placed both his hands to help me balance on my toes. I reluctantly dropped my heels back down, letting my hands slide to his shoulders.

He threw me a look that said I know what you’re doing, but there was amusement that flickered in the green depths of his gaze.

Of course he knew what I was doing. I was letting his mother know that he was mine.

I don’t know where the apprehension I’d felt before I’d entered this room went, but I was thankful for it, because, right now, I was so showing Nate’s mom the middle finger. No one treats my mate the way she did, and for doing what she did, I’m going to be as sweetly mean as possible.

Letting go of my mate I turned to meet the eyes of the Council members. While each of them had expression’s raging from jaw dropping shock to apprehension. They didn’t know what I could do as well as I did and to them, that made me deadly.