chapter 40

We're a thousand miles from comfort
We have travelled land and sea
But as long as you are with me
There's no place I'd rather be
I would wait forever
Exulted in the scene
As long as I am with you
My heart continues to beat

With every step we take, Kyoto to The Bay
Strolling so casually
We're different and the same, gave you another name
Switch up the batteries

If you gave me a chance I would take it
It's a shot in the dark but I'll make it
Know with all of your heart, you can't shake me
When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be
N-n-n-no, no, no, no place I rather be

Was the song playing in the car. Nandini was tapping her fingers to the tune and looking out the window. Manik was driving the car stealing glances of her once in a while. Fifteen minutes of driving manik stopped the car. Nandini looked at the surrounding and cringed her eyebrows and turned around to look at manik who already got out of car and came to her side. Like a gentleman he opened her door. Nandini stepped out. It was the beach.

" why are we here" nandini asked manik.

" to swim, didnt you bring your swimsuit" manik asked sarcastically.

" i should have guessed your odd preferences" nandini said with a smirk. Manik rolled his eyes and dragged her holding her hands.

Both came near the beach where the waves hit their legs making nandini shiver by the sudden contact. Her grip around maniks arms tightened. Sensing this, manik smiled looking at her hand around his arms.

" manik why did you bring me here" nandini asked pressing her black ringlets behind her ear

" manik why did you bring me here" nandini asked pressing her black ringlets behind her ear. "To find peace i guess" manik said looking at the waves infront. Nandini glanced at him. His eyes held something which she felt hard to predict. They fell in comfortable silence.

" aren't you mad at me" manik asked abruptly killing the silence. Nandini turned at him cringing her eyebrows. "Why should i be??" Nandini asked him.

"For kissing you twice without your permission" manik stated looking into her eyes. Nandinis stomach twisted hearing those words. She felt butterflies in her stomach. Her face heated up. She controlled hard not to blush. "Umm...i....i am" said trying not to shudder. (Keyword - trying).

"Really !! Trust me i have faced your angry side but i didnt get to see that side when i kissed you" manik asked slightly smiling looking at pale pink colour on her cheeks. Biting her cheek muscle from inside to stop blushing was a sight to watch.

"Umm... can ..we not talk about that please " said uncomfortably removing her hands from his arm. But manik stopped her movement with his other hand and held her hands around his arms firmly.