Chapter 34: About Time

"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." ― Andy Warhol

Xandrous' POV

Everyone eyed my father expectantly. He smiled after giving mom a knowing look. "We caught her seeing another guy. We didn't want to appear rude or harsh to her so we will keep the information for her to tell," dad said and everyone nodded in respect.

I wanted to know but dad said he wants us all present because it is a very important news, that is until Angelika gets a vacation. I didn't find out who was Cassie's baby father, but he assured me that I wasn't the father and for that, I felt relieved.

"Well, that's a good news!" theios Demi said and then grab his wine glass and raise it. "To our kid's success!" he proposed and everyone agreed including me. Gently making a toast with Vicky's glass ignoring her sharp glares thrown at me, I made a small sip.

I simply leaned in closer to her when everyone focused their attention on their food and once in a while, they converse mostly about politics and business. "I'm sorry if I didn't call you, I missed you," I whispered against her head.

I heard her sighed and then pop a piece of olive in her mouth before looking up at me. "At least you should have called," she said, her lips everted and protruded in a sulky pout and I stifled the urge to wipe out her pout with a kiss.

"Because I want to surprise you but, of course, someone has to spoil it. And still, I'm sorry. Yes, I should have called, baby. Will you forgive me?" I whispered apologetically and she nodded, a small smile curving on her lips as she bobs her head in agreement. "Yes."

"I have something to tell you. Let's sneak out after dinner," I murmured softly and I furtively eyed everyone and it seems that no one was watching us as they animatedly converse and once in a while, they burst out laughing.

Vicky's eyes widened excitedly and nodded her head profusely. She turns her attention back to her food and resumed eating.

.....

Dinner was done, just as soon as everyone was on their feet, Vicky tugs me by the wrist heading towards the opposite direction to the other door and nobody noticed us since they were chatting as they walk out the door across and into the hallway. The door we walk through was connected to the big pantry and then at the back, a door that led to the garden.

I simply slip in my hand in my pocket to check on the ring and I smiled.

We ambled hand in hand along the stone garden walkway. "You said you want to say something?" Vicky asked as she walks ahead of me, then turns to face, stepping backward and I keep up with her slow pace.

I chuckled.

"Well, now that everything is settled, I think it's about ti—"

My words were cut off when Vicky's phone rang. Her attention diverted to her phone in her hand. Raising her index finger, "I'm sorry, hold on," she said as she checks on the screen.

I nodded as I stop when she stops and watch her connected the call with a bright smile. I love when she smiles. She just radiates and shines like a ray of sunshine.

"Oh My God, Bell, how are you?" her eyes sparkled as she looks up at me. She looks excited and I  was smiling unconsciously as I watch how her eyes lit up and wearing that old friend smile.

She turns on her heel and went ahead of me. She was walking fast as she talks to her and I gave her a little privacy, walking slower, still following her. She made a turn on the right heading towards the hedge maze and we passes by. She kept walking and I just followed her, my hands both resting in my pockets as I watch her back and once in a while enjoying the beautiful garden. It felt a little chilly and Vicky doesn't seem to care. She was wearing a tight fitting dress that complements her beautifully. Purple ruffled shift dress that just past mid-thigh. Her hair swept up with just a minimal accessories, completed her looks.