One: Yuuei High

A/N: Changed her ref sheet picture. I hope you guys like this one :)

"Come on, come on, come on!" I said pacing infront of my mail box. I was waiting for an important letter to arrive and I was getting restless.
My letter from Yuuei should be arriving any time now.
I'm Taya Hanzo, and I have a quirk that most people would be scared of, and I plan to use it to be a hero the world admires. My quirk is called Snake. You know, the scaly, long reptile with fangs? Yeah, that one. Basically, anything a snake can do, I can do. Originally, my dad had this quirk, so that's how I got it. My mother is a retired hero known as Marina and I look up to her for it. That's why I've decided to apply to Yuuei; I want to save people like my mom has.

The exams were pretty straining, but it'll be worth it if I make it in. I'll tell ya, it left me breathless, literally.
What we had to do was run around a small city created just for the exams and we had to destroy different robots for different amounts of points. I feel like I got a pretty good amount, but I couldn't really keep track. After a bit, they released a huge bot, but it was worth zero points, so technically it was pointless to attack it.
So many people had different abilities and it was super cool to see such a variety. One girl could destroy the bots just by touching them!
After a while, Present Mic, the Voice quirk hero, called time and ushered us out of the pretend city and into a large classroom for a written test.
I've never been exceptional at written tests, but I feel like I did fairly well on this one.

Suddenly, I notice the mail truck moving down my road, stopping at the first house to deliver mail. My face bursts into a smile and I run down the road to the truck. After slowly catching my breath I go up to the mailman.
"Excuse me?!" I ask excitedly.
He turned around smiled when he saw me. "Well, if it isn't Taya." He said.
"Hey Mr. Shiroya!" I greeted.
Mr. Shiroya has been the mailman for a while and I normally get the mail afternoon, so that's how we know each other.
"You seem like you're anticipating a letter?" He asked and I nodded in return.
"Yep! I'm actually waiting for a letter from Yuuei." I replied.
"Oh, well you're in luck! I happen to have a letter from Yuuei addressed to...a Taya Hanzo. Hmm. I wonder who that could be..." he said jokingly waving a letter in front of me. I smirked and grabbed the letter from his hand.
"Geez Taya. Your reflexes are crazy fast." Mr. Shiroya said. I laughed. "And that tongue thing still creeps me out a bit." He said.
"Huh? Oh thisss?" I said sticking out my tongue.

Since I'm a snake mutation, I have many of the same abilities of a snake, meaning my tongue, on occasion, comes out to get a scent of the surroundings.

Mr. Shiroya shuddered jokingly before chuckling. "Alright alright. You go open that letter and let me know if you made it in, okay?" He asked.
"You got it! Bye! Thanks!" I said running back to my house. I closed the front door and panted to get my breath. I have awful stamina.
"I..hate having...only..one functional..lung..." I said in between breaths.

"Why were ya running then?" My dad asked from the kitchen.
"It came..." I said.
"What did?" He asked.
"My letter, you dunce." I said standing up straight.
"I know that. I'm just messing with ya." He replied with a hearty laugh.
"Wait, it came?!" My mother asked running into the living room. Her blue hair was bouncing as she ran.
"Yep, and I'm about to go open it, so if I don't come out, don't bother me." I said stepping inside my room.
"You got it sweetie!" My mom said happily.

I closed the door to my room and sat on my bed to open the letter. Ripping oven the seal revealed a small circular disk and a slip of paper. I took out the disk and placed it on my covers in curiosity. Almost immediately a bright light shown from he disk to reveal the face of the number one hero in the world, All Might. My jaw dropped at the sight of him in a striped suit in from of me.
"All Might?!" I asked shocked.
"Miss Hanzo, I presume?" He asked. I nodded, even though it wasn't a live screening.
"I am here to explain your exam score!" He said with the large smile that never leaves his face.
"In the battle portion, you scored very well, earning yourself fifty four points, but! There was another aspect to the test!" He explained.
"Really?" I asked.
"There was also a rescue portion to the test. The judges took note of how you protected the other contestants. Though you may not have realized, you protected them well enough to earn fourteen extra points. Altogether that makes sixty eight points. Now, since I have to make plenty more of these and I'm running out of time, I'll say one more thing." He said. I sat waiting in anticipation.

"Welcome to Yuuei!! You've been accepted!!"

All Might flashes one more big smile before the light goes dim and disappears, leaving me to sit in shock at the news he's just given me.

"I made it...I..made it. I made it! I made it into Yuuei!" I shouted, jumping up from my bed. "I did it!"
Now for sure I can be a hero like my mom! If I can grow up to be like her, my parents will he so proud.

"Yeah! Yuuei, here I come!"

Hey guys!!!
If you couldn't tell, the picture is just little doodles I did on what Taya looks like. I know it's not the best, but it's something. I'll have a pic of her hero costume in a later chapter.

(Lol just changed the pic!)

See ya!!