|01| 降る

"You have to get a job?!"

Mina's words blast through my ears. I ignore her voice along with the one hundred others in the outdoor cafeteria.

My fingers tighten around the roots of my hair as I look for job vacancies on my phone. "Whoa whoa hold on, explain this again."

I respond with a sigh. "I went way over my limit on my dad's credit card and now I have to pay him back all the money. I promised him I'd get a job, he says if I don't find one by the end of this week he's going to return all the stuff I bought." I explain, keeping in mind that I only have two days left.

"Would your dad really do that? What am I saying, of course he would. Here, I'll help you look." Mina whips out her phone.

"What are you looking at?" Mina and I avert to the angry yell, and as we expected, we spot Trisha. Man I hate that bitch.

She and her friends hover around another girl. The girl's hands are crossed over her chest, clutching her notebook for dear life and her eyes avert to the floor through her big round glasses. "N-nothing..."

"Oh, I'll make sure you are." Trisha snatch's the girl's glasses from her bare face and holds it up high, laughing while she blindly reaches to retrieve them.

Unbearably watching the scene, I get up from my seat. What is this, an 80's teen drama movie? Who still does this?

Trisha holds the glasses high and I take possession of them from behind. "Don't you have something better to do?" I sigh tucking the arms of the glasses behind the girl's ears.

"Ugh, whatever hoe."  She rolls her eyes and walks off.

"Are you okay?" I ask the girl. She gazes at her own two feet and blushes. Her eyes are brown, she has freckled Caucasian skin and her brown hair is braided into a slightly shorter version of Elsa's doo from Frozen.

She tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear and walks off.

...Erm, you're welcome?

"Lilo, come look at this!" Mina calls me back. She wastes no time to shove her phone screen in my face.

"What am I looking at exactly?" I arch a brow.

She taps her fingernail on the screen eagerly. "They're hiring at this place called Créme Cafe, in the park a block away from your house! It says they're in need of a part-time waitress."

"Waiting? I don't know... I don't have any experience."

"It says you don't need any, they'll teach you! This is so perfect, it's close by which means this we can still hang out, and you'll barely have to do any real work! I mean, how often do parks really get any customers?"

"Hmm... Okay, it sounds worth checking out."

"Awesome! Apply now, hurry!" She claps with excitement.

"Okay okay!"

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌸

I got called in for an interview quicker than I thought. My head tilts back, looking up at the building before me. Créme Cafe, huh? This place must be new, since I haven't seen it before.

A tiny bell chimes when I enter the building. The entire place is pink. Pink, pink, white and more pink. My instant impression is that this place is owned by either a woman or a gay. Strangely enough, I seem to be the only one here, it's so silent. They must not be open yet.

A/N: I should've made this note a long time ago but I'd like to clarify that "a gay" was a complete typo and was supposed to be written as "a gay man." I wrote this a long time ago so by the time I noticed this, editing it would mean losing all the comments. Also, I obviously don't think the colour pink is only for girls, these are just the impressions of the fictional character. I'm sorry for any offensive confusion <3

And for a minute I forget why I'm here because I'm too breath-taken by the interior. Everything in here is so modern and pretty. The room is filled with dining tables, there's a counter straight ahead from the door and a door further down the right of the wall.

I hear an echo of treading footsteps before that door opens and someone appears.

As soon as our eyes meet my lips part.

He's a young man. Very young. And had the face of an angel. He has a small Korean face and his hair falls into perfect brunette bangs, he's also very tall in height. Definitely the hottest guy I've ever seen in my life.

He's wearing a Bape hoodie, jeans, matching sneakers and a white mouth mask lowered over his chin.

This guys got to be some kind of celebrity I've never heard of before, there's just no way he can be that hot without Dr Miami.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." He says in a voice that's so deep and velvety. When I realise I've been staring at this guy creepily for half a minute I shake my head clear.

"I-I'm Lilo Hanson. I'm here for the waitress job. Do you know where the owner is?" I look around.

"That would be me."

I unintentionally cough, the action coming out unattractive. "You? You've got to be kidding. Aren't you too young to be running a cafe?"

"What are you, like 16? You're the one to talk about being too young. I'm tired, let's get this over with." His hand runs through his fluffed locks before picking up a clipboard.

"I'm 17..." I murmur.

What an ass hat. He didn't even introduce himself.

Seconds later he sits opposites me, leaning back relaxed while he scans through the papers with a bored expression.

Okay, this guy looks like a jerk but stay calm and just remember... You need money. That's all that matters here.

"You said your name was Lilo?" He eyebrow arches whilst looking at a paper. I nod. "Lilo Hanson." I assume he writes my name down, noting it slowly because he's lazy. My eyebrows furrow and my eyes roll.

"And this is your first job?"

I nod.

He taps the rear of his pen onto the paper, lips parting to ask the next question.

"First question: are you a virgin?"

My face freezes like stone. The question echoes through my mind while I simply just blink until I can believe I just heard what I thought.

No, he wouldn't really ask that. There's no way.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that?" I play dumb.

"I said are you a virgin."

He did say what I thought he said! Does he think this is acceptable? What a ducking troll!

"What the hell does that have to do with waitressing?!" I snap in with flushed cheek. He shrugs casually, "Dunno. It's on the list."

"Well here is what I think of your list!" I snatch the paper, scrunch it into a ball and toss it at him with a hard throw. He jerks when the paper hits his face and looks up as I loudly stand from my seat, knocking the chair to the ground.

"Screw this interview. You're cocky, arrogant, and have no manners for asking something so personal!"

I grab my bag, "Take your list and shove it up your ass."

He doesn't say or do anything back, not that I give him enough time to. Immediately I throw the bag over my shoulder and storm out. I mutter "Jerk..." as I exit.

I guess I can kiss that job goodbye.