Chapter 78: Temptations

Friday, October 16th

Kaito gently knocked against the bathroom door in slight irritation as he awaited for some sort of response. "You've been in there long enough. You have 5 seconds to come out or I'm breaking in, whether you're finished or not." He called out for the female inside as he assessed the already weakened structure of the door that would easily give way to even the slightest tension. "5...4...3...2-" (Y/n) angrily stomped out of the area, with an annoyed glare as she looked towards the impatient boy.

"You're a disgusting piece of filth, you know that...?" The girl longingly looked towards the doorway that was being fiercely guarded by the Anatolian Shepherd who seemed set against allowing her to escape through the entrance. In her thoughtful state, (Y/n) felt her arm being yanked towards the bed post again as the male dragged her towards her captivity. The female felt her heart stop at the realisation of the situation, and each inhale only added to her anxiety.

"No!" The girl began fight desperately against his hold as she felt at the edge of hyperventilating as the prospect of being caged began taking over her every sense. "Please! I beg you, I beg you! Don't lock me up again! I promise I won't try to do anything, just please don't do this to me!" Kaito blocked out the urgent pleas as his conscience felt the weight of his actions, and took swift action to restrict her to the bed post once more. The moment the female was locked again, she became muted as though automatically confronting the inevitable confinement.

The female could only let out heavy and deep breaths as she tried to steady her nerves while the boy could only look on in pity as he handed her a sandwich wrapped in tin foil. The girl gave it one glance before she averted her head away from the food in disapproval. "You haven't eaten anything in 2 days straight and you refuse everything we give you...You need some sort of nutrients in your system (Y/n), I'm worried for your health." The female gave out a humorous scoff at the claim.

"If you cared for me at all, I wouldn't be handcuffed to the bed right now...I'll eat when l can actually use both my hands." Though she was claiming a bold statement, as she could feel her empty stomach protesting at the lack of attentions she's been giving it. For the past hours she could feel occasional pains in her intestines as they urged her for nourishment, only to obdurately be denied from that convenience. "Just leave me alone..."

The male sighed in slight frustration and placed the food on the nightstand in hopes the female would become tempted and accept it. "I understand this is hard for you and this isn't exactly a quaint situation for me either. But you seem to be learning your lesson so we'll see how soon you'll be released from those cuffs." The girl turned away from him and proceeded to ignore the boy as she felt his cold eyes staring into her back.

Amidst her disregard for him, (Y/n) took out Charlie from underneath her pillow to analyse the stoic creature as it sorrowfully watched the girl. She couldn't quite find the right flare that would spark the creature's life like the blond did, and felt as though she wasn't doing the inanimate animal justice.

"Charlie...?" The female glanced back to see the boy intently focusing on the toy as fresh images of the creature danced around in his mind as he recalled the meaning behind the puppet. "That's Ryo's..." The more he stared at the Chinchilla that was held protectively in the girl's grasp, he could feel a flicker of envy invading his heart. "It's always Ryo..." He spitefully whispered through gritted teeth as he sensed his nerves snapping away at his sensibility.

(Y/n) sensed the malevolent tone that coated the male's speech and gulped at the suggestive response. Kaito noticed her analytical gaze and quickly returned the neutral aspect to his features. He turned around to depart with the female and as he was halfway through the door, he halted himself as he remained silent for a few seconds at a time, to the girl's dismay.