⇝ Chapter Six

Three Weeks Later

"Fury couldn't find anything for you to do, Thor?" you question as you enter the kitchen where Jane is teaching him how to cook a pizza. The rest of the team got assigned to an emergency group mission, besides Bruce who has locked himself in the lab.

"He said the other could handle it and he knows Jane was supposed to come here today," he replies until he notices Loki isn't with you. "Where is my brother?!"

"Relax." You laugh. "He's in the living room watching television."

"You are not supposed to leave him alone," Thor says, visibly irritable.

"He's fine, Thor. He hasn't broken any rules in these past couple of weeks and I think he can handle being alone for a minute."

Thor grins at your clear trust in the God of Mischief and goes back to putting pepperonis on top of the cheese pizza.

"Jane, how are you liking the tower?" you ask, peering around Thor's large form.

"It's incredible. Stark knows what he's doing," she says.

"That would be a first," Loki chimes in from the doorway in his usual clothing despite the rest of you wearing pajamas.

"Brother, are you going to change?" Thor questions as Jane takes the pizza and slides it in the oven.

"Of course not," Loki responds, ignoring the fact that Thor stills calls him 'brother' and sits on the stool next to you.

You notice how he could've sat at the one on the end, but he chose the one closest to yours. A smile tugs at your lips and your stomach does an involuntary flutter, then you stop yourself. There's no way you can be having feelings now.

Before you know it, the pizza is cooked and Thor and Jane head into the living room while you and Loki slowly follow after.

"You should change. That armor can't be comfortable," you say, stopping before you enter the living room.

"I think it is."

"Loki, Midgardians don't wear armor all day long. You're supposed to be getting into their customs, meaning sweatpants and t-shirts."

Loki groans and snaps his fingers to change into a pair of black sweatpants and a forest green t-shirt. He stomps off into the room muttering about 'stupid mewling quim' under his breath and you follow after him while snickering.

He sits at one end of the couch across from Thor and Jane and you sit with your back against one armrest and swing your feet up to sit in Loki's lap. You lock eyes and he narrows his, making you realize how much he wants to cut your feet off right now, but you ignore it and grab a slice of pizza.

"So, what's it like growing up in Asgard?" you ask, directing your question to Thor since you know Loki won't answer.

"It was very fun. We spent many hundreds of years learning new things of the different realms. But we have had our fair share of embarrassing experiences," he answers.

"Thor, do not even think about it," Loki growls.

Thor's booming laughter fills the area and he and Loki begin going back and forth sharing embarrassing stories from their lives. You and Jane are nearly hyperventilating from them trying to out-do each other until Jane has to leave because she has to get up early to leave for some type of lab testing on magnetic transmission.