THE REED'S HOUSE

Tuesday 2nd of February 2016

Once I got out of the vibrant room and out of the counselling building. It gives the same vibes as the hospital the next building over. I walked quite fast but I heard my phone beep informing me of a text message. It's probably mum wondering where I was. I took it out slowing down so I don't run into anybody around me.

Tyler: Hey, I know you said you'll be out of your session at six but just wondering if tonight's still on?

I look around just seeing a couple of people, old and young walking around me.

Me: I've just finished now, tonight's totally still on. I'll get mum to drop me off.

I heard the engine of mum's car before I saw it. I see mum with her window down, her dark sunglasses across her eyes and a song playing softly on the radio. I took a deep breath of the fresh air as I walked up to the car and slid into the passenger seat fastening my seatbelt.

Mum was scanning my face anxiously, ''how did it go Dawn?'' I gave her a warm smile and said it went great.

She relaxed. "That's amazing news.'' I chuckled, ''yes, I guess it is, how's Leo?'' I asked wondering if he felt better. When she pulled away from the curb and I turn around in my seat, but realised his car seat faces the seat and wheeled back around, I always forget.

''He's ok, he's got an upset belly but I'll sorted once I got home from dropping you off to see Lane, but I think he's teething.''

''Oh, poor Leo, that's tough, I hope he doesn't go through too much pain.'' I paused, ''mum, can you drop me off at Tyler's please, I promised him I'll hang out with him tonight?''

''Oh, sure Dawson, just remember if it gets too late to phone me and I'll come pick you up.'' I smiled nodding at her but had no intention to drag her out at night when I can walk home.

''Mum, I just wanted to say sorry for earlier again, I don't know what came over me.''

She turned her head when we got to a stop sign and gazed her hand over mine and gave it a soft squeeze, ''Dawson listen I know it been a crazy time...'' The sign went on green, making her turn her head back to the road and started to drive again but carried on saying, ''so you don't need to keep apologising,'' she laughs, ''we all are entitled to having bad days.''

Mum slowed down the car, when we got outside of Tyler's, she beeped the horn, announcing our presence. I bend over my seat over the gear stick and hugged mum's warm body, ''Thank you mum,'' I muffled into her neck.

I didn't say anything else because I didn't need to, ''I love you Dawson.'' Well I forgot about that.

''Love you too, give Leo a kiss from me.''

''I will have a nice night Dawn.'' I turn just in time to see Tyler open his door and wave at the two of us.

I walk up his driveway and we both say hi. Tyler smiles as he opens his door wide and walked to the bottom of his stairs and sit down to put on his trainers. ''Wearing all black I see,'' I say amused. Tyler chuckles and lifts his head to me, his brown eyes shining.

''What can I say, I'm basic.''

''That you are.'' I said joking, I lend up against to the door frame, ''you ready?'' I question him after he tied his shoes.

''Yes, just let me grab my keys and we'll go.'' He came back after a second and I stood to my full height and Tyler shuts the front door behind us and we started to walk to Luke's. ''So what are we doing when we get there?'' I asked nervously.

''I think we're just going to hang out, play a few games, have some food and why are you so nervous?'' He stops, making me stop, he's raising his brows in question. You see I might have missed telling Tyler about seeing Colton, I released a loud breath telling Tyler to walk, I told him about last week.