Remus Lupin x James's Sister

Requested by: HarryPotterAllDay

(A/N In the request, it was said that I could chose the name of James's sister. I eventually chose Henrietta, because James's grandfather was named Henry. Just so you all know. (-:)

"I like this," Henrietta said absentmindedly. 

Remus nodded from the floor beside her and hummed contently to himself, shifting his chin against her shoulder to release a small giggle from her throat.

"Hey!" She complained, pouting as she looked down at the sheet on the small surface in front of them. A streak of dark green had wandered away from the lines of the drawing, throwing their previously perfect coloring off. 

He shrugged. "It's no big deal, it's barely noticeable."

"Not to me," She crossed her arms and stopped coloring, staring angrily at the smudged color. 

"You're such a child sometimes."

"You didn't already get that from the coloring?" She would have laughed along with the small joke, but Remus was making no indication that he had meant it as a joke. 

She sighed and he cast her a frustrated look, one that immediately caught her eye as she stared bold-faced directly at him as though expecting his irritation. "You've been really on edge lately Moony."

"I'm not even sure," He said quietly and slightly disappointed, but he quickly stood up and started to clean up to avoid eye contact. 

"Do I have to leave so soon?" She asked sadly, watching him gather the markers strewn on the floor and even spotting one that had rolled under his bed. 

"Quidditch practice will be ending soon, and I'd rather not James find out about us by seeing us alone on my bed."

"I couldn't think of a better way," She said sarcastically, slowly getting off the bed and helping him clean up. 

Henrietta didn't dare ask when they'd meet up again, because she knew the answer wouldn't be soon enough for her. She didn't kiss Remus on the way out like she usually did, and instead took her bucket of paper and markers silently down the hall and down the steps. 

An older boy saw her as she passed down the steps and cast her an angry look, almost reaching out to grab her arm and stop her. She looked up at him with a stony face and raised he bucket casually. "Contraband," She said simply and the boy accepted it quickly with a slightly horrified look on his face as he rushed up the stairs to his own dormitory. 

She laughed quietly to herself, then heard an equally familiar sound of laughter that matched her own. She froze at the edge of the steps, her eyes flicking to every nook and cranny of the common room to find her brother. She couldn't see him, but the sound of the closing portrait door and the laughter growing closer sent her running towards the girls stairs. She stopped just before she reached the steps, instead rushing to the couch in front of the fireplace. She couldn't place why, but this seemed a better place to hide. Hiding in plain sight and all. 

"Hey Etta," James said, suddenly far closer than she thought he was. Rushing up the steps in a loud clamoring seemed a much worse option now, James would see her and know she was hiding something. 

"James," She said politely, not bothering with eye contact. She typically recognized him very little in conversation, but this time it was because she was afraid this nervous look in her eyes would give her away. She'd never been so sure that James will find out. Maybe it's because Remus is so on edge, or because they've been ignoring each other so much, or maybe even just that she's been waiting far too long to tell him and she desperately wants an excuse to.