♱ Chapter 8 ♱

Piper above or to the side ^>

Raven's P•O•V

I stormed out of the closet, away from this man who I don't even know, and away from the reality of my worst fear;

There was no going home.

"Raven wait-" He called, but I was already out the doors of the closet. Only to be slammed against another person. I staggered back a bit, regaining my balance, and stared at the person I had run into. His eyes were dark maroon just like the other man. Yet he had much lighter brown hair than the first man I had met. Shock was expressed on his face for only a second before he looked me up and down. His eyes barely showed interest when he spoke,

"So this is her," He said more as a statement than a question. Yet he still wanted an answer.

"Yes, DeMalo," The first man responded to him gruffly. I felt my pulse rise when this DeMalo character kept his intense eyes on me.

DeMalo looked down at my bleeding hand and raised his eyebrows and looked at the other guy, whose name I still had not yet learned, and didn't want to learn.

"What'd you do? Bite her already?" DeMalo scoffed at him. I widened my eyes and went around DeMalo, making my way to the door, only to be faced with another person. I stopped instantly and waited for another interruption to come my way.

"Guys," A girl who looked about my age said disapprovingly. She was insanely gorgeous, to say the least. Her hair was long, pitch black, which matched the dark eye makeup around her even darker red eyes. She wore a corset top with black jeans that made her unflawed, pale skin stick out. Though the two men were tall, she stood just as tall as them with her heels on. I couldn't help but be jealous of her beauty.

"What manners do you have? You're freaking the poor girl out," She scolded them and had walked over to me while she said this. I tensed and felt trapped with these strangers all crowded around me. By now I could feel my hand throbbing as the blood dripped slowly onto the carpet.

"Oh my - you're bleeding," She gasped pitifully and took my hand in both of hers and looked at it. My heart raced as I saw her eyes flare and swore that I thought my heart would just stop. I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked at her.

"If you did this to her Alec, I swear-" She snapped her gaze from my hand and glared at the man still standing in the doorway of the closet. Alec... So that was my kidnapper's name.

"I didn't hurt her," Alec cut her off hastily, sounding like he was shocked she'd even assume such a horrid thing and flicked his gaze to me. He quickly looked back at her. I felt relieved when he didn't tell them of the situation when I had managed to do it to myself. The girl sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Let's get that bandaged up," She looked at me with a bright smile and said. I felt my voice get caught in my throat. Why would she even care?

"I-" I managed to only get that out before she led me out into the wide hallway. It was gorgeous; absolutely astounding. The hall had beautiful, black, crystalline chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, and beautifully carpeted floors. Golden painted trim lined the room, making the decor look quite similar to the room I had woken up in.

I gasped as I looked around in awe, not knowing that I had stopped in my tracks. She stood a few steps ahead of me and looked back to see what the hold-up was.

"You look like you've never been inside a castle before," The girl said, almost like she was surprised. I met her gaze and swallowed down my fear of her and everyone in this damn place.