16|SPADA

When Ally was given permission to visit her family, she didn't stick around headquarters long enough for them to figure out something was clearly wrong with her. Her reflexes had quickened and she was running at an impeccable speed. She had no reason to be alarmed but she was rather panicked.

While Steve, her little man from Brooklyn, was shipped off to encourage men to join the war, she was hyperventilating because she had accidentally spilt a super serum that turned scrawny Steve into a soldier.

She had the remaining serum hidden on the thigh holster her sister gave to her. The gun was missing, thrown somewhere in the SSR and replaced with the small vial of blue liquid. Ally didn't like guns, she knew how to use one but she hoped that day would never come.

Jojo and William had enough time to return to their son and bring him with them. Adam was at that stage in which a toddler never looked the same. His dark hair had grown and more of his teeth were coming in. As much as Jojo loved her job, she loved Adam so much more.

As the taxi pulled up to the Jones' residence, she could see Nico already running out. He had grown a little more since the last time she saw him. Before the car had come to a complete stop, Ally rushed out of the car and engulfed her younger brother into her arms.

She felt a sincere warmth go through her body as she hugged him. She took a look at him, smiling grandly. "Look at you, you've grown up while I was gone."

Nico smiled sheepishly. "I missed you so much Ally."

Jojo exited the car while William paid the taxi driver. "I knew I smelt trouble!"

"Jo!" Nico ran towards his other sister, running her down with a strong hug. "I can't believe we are all together!"

Rosa, Harold and Kepler all came out from the household, wearing massive smiles that wrinkled their cheeks. Ally was the first to reach them, hugging and kissing all of them.

"Look at my girl," Harold gawked. "Safe and home from saving lives."

Rosa, overwhelmed with happiness, began to sob. Jojo went to comfort her mother, patting her back and snickering at Kepler while he laughed. Rosa wiped away her tears and ushered everyone inside. She had prepared a massive dinner for all her children, finally together at last.

Ally sighed in delight as she finished her third piece of her mother's chocolate cake. "Mama, you never fail to amaze me."

Jojo wiped the icing off of Adam's face, which he had managed to also get in his ear. "I missed your cooking so much."

"You two make an old woman's heart speed up," Rosa beamed. "Let me see my only grandchild."

Jojo handed Adam to her mother, her eyes darting to William's. "Well," she paused. "Not for long."

Harold dropped his fork. "Jovian..."

Ally's mouth dropped and she felt Kepler kick her under the table.

"Surprise," Jojo grinned, wrapping her hand around William's. "Adam won't be your only grandchild for long."

William, who had seemed slightly on edge, finally showed his famous grin and let go of his fear. His shoulders slumped and he rubbed his thumb over Jojo's knuckles. "We wanted to surprise you guys."

"Well damn," Ally wiped her mouth with a napkin. "That was not expected at all."

Rosa looked down at Adam and stuck out her finger so he could wrap his hand around it. "You're going to have a little sibling and hopefully some cousins." she said seriously, glaring at Kepler and Ally.