Chapter Twenty-One: I'm Just Getting Used To Being Me

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
"That's... That's impossible." I said, refusing to accept the fact that Kendall was getting hurt because of me.

I looked at Parker who had a similar face to mine, "K-Kendall... He's out with his dad who's on his deathbed." Parker stuttered, shaking his head.

"Dad took him." Max explained, "He threatened Kendall, saying that if he didn't help, he would kill his family, slowly. Kendall's fighting, though, but I don't think his father's going to make it through."

I turned my gaze back to Max, "What do you mean?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

They've already hurt his... My... Family?

"Since his father was already, sick... He's weak. Dad has been hurting him the most." Max said, sadly.

I looked at him with anger. I stepped closer to him only to be tossed on Grayson's shoulder. I tried to fight out of his grasp, "Why didn't you stop this?!" I screeched as Grayson walked towards the couch, "Why didn't you stop this? Kendall's family shouldn't be in this!" I yelled. I didn't sign up for this, "I want out! I want out. I want out, damn it!"

"I'm sorry, Bailey. I really am." Max yelled over my voice, "I didn't mean for any of this to happen." He said, not wanting to look at me.

I couldn't contain my anger. I was no longer angry at Max, I was angry with myself. I couldn't handle the fact that Kendall's family getting hurt was my fault. I shouldn't have gotten close to the bad boy. I should've closed the door on Grayson when he asked if he could enter my house that day. I should've left when I had the chance.

Next thing I knew, Parker had me in his arms, hushing me as the others talked. I was then passed over to Dylan who was caressing my hair when Parker joined in on the conversation. Honestly, I couldn't hear a thing. I blocked out all the sound in the world, but the only thing I could hear was my heart beating a hundred times faster than it had been a few moments ago.

I stood up from Dylan's grasp, grabbing attention from the group of people around me. I walked into the hallway and went into a random room and locking the door. I slid down the door, and broke down. I brought my knees to my head and cried into them.

This is all my fault.

I should've walked away. I should've ran when I had the chance.

I felt the door open, making me get pushed aside. The door closed and then I felt a person sit beside me and hug me. I immediately hugged them back and cried in their shoulder.

I looked up with my bloodshot eyes, only to meet Max's deep gray eyes, "What are you doing here?" I asked, coldly, taking my arms away from his warm body.

"I felt it was my fault you're crying." He shrugged.

I looked at his eyes before sighing, "I'm sorry, Max. I-"

"I should be the one that's sorry." He said, "I'm the one that kind of drugged you, and may have kind of kidnapped you."

I didn't say anything, making him sigh, "Look, I swear I'm done with my father. I don't ever want to be involved with his shenanigans again." I looked up at him only to meet his gaze.