THIRTEEN

Music blasted through the club as another round of shots were swallowed.

Jason was beyond drunk at this stage but for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to stop drinking.

"Yo, Jase" Josh called out from the small crowd of people "that's enough man, you need to get home to your family" he tried easing the bottle out of Jason's hand as he began to help him stand.

Neither Jason or Josh had realised what drama that sentence had caused until a very familiar voice spoke up.

"Family huh?"

The tension in the room began to grow as the music was cut off and a group of thugs walked through the crowd, dressed in all black.

Jason's tongue started to bleed from the force his teeth had on it.

Josh was filled with guilt as he staunched up to the VIP section.

"You have a family now Jay?" His voice taunted from the entrance of the booth. "And you just left them, all alone so you could get drunk?" He added.

"You left them unprotected?"

"I would n-never leave them unprotected" Jason slurred as he spoke.

"Oh let me guess, you have a couple men still at home with them?" His words were followed by his menacing chuckle.

"I hope you didn't leave them with chase and Cameron" Jason and Josh looked at each other confused as he spat the names of the men protecting his family.

"You really should research the men you take in before giving them special jobs. If you had done that then you would have seen that those men have been on my payroll for the last 3 years"

Jason froze.

His family was in danger.

He put them in danger.

"Where is my family?" Jason was seething as Josh held him back.

"Do you really think you can call them family? Maddison seems to loath you" he chuckled.

"Don't you dare say her name" Josh was the one to speak up this time.

"It was a pleasure seeing you again Jason but I have some bonding to do with my grand daughter"

"JEREMY!" Jason was screaming as his father's figure left the club.