Chapter 10: Ryker Dare

"I want your first time to be special," - Ryker Dare

~~~~~~~~~~

Life with Kei wouldn't be interesting if the King hadn't demanded to see his one and only grandchild. But still, it would be fantastic to just do nothing.

I sighed and leaned my elbows on my desk, rubbing my temples.

After his declaration, Titus left shortly after, leaving Kei and I by ourselves but that didn't last long either. Not even a minute had passed before she got a distant look in her eyes after staring at me, and then standing abruptly after mumbling something I couldn't quite decipher before scurrying out of the room.

I was going to follow her but she quickly stopped me with one stern 'stay' through the mind link. Which brought me to the present situation.

"Kei, what are you doing?"

"Just stay." I chuckled at her response.

"Am I a dog now?"

"Do you really want me to answer that?" she asked dubiously.

"Touché. Just make sure to have Clark accompany you to whatever you are doing."

"He's already here, so no need to worry your cute little butt."

"Good, and I have a masculine butt, not cute," I said in a growly tone.

"Whatever lets you sleep at night." She cackled and the link between us ended, leaving me alone in my office and a chuckle on my lips.

"Thank goddess she came back." I could hear the content in Axel's voice, and I agreed.

However, the momentary peace ended as I sighed and stared at the paperwork piled neatly on my desk, a headache forming by just staring at them. Pinching the space between my eyes, I sighed before deciding to get some work done before Kei came back.

Most of the boring documents consisted of money, and all the income that was coming and going. I hadn't yet got the chance to tell Kei how she will soon own two successful casinos in Las Vegas, numerous high-class hotels all over the United States, and even some across seas. But that's not even including all of the little businesses that are connected to us. Which left plenty of money to take care of my pack and keep Kei happy and cared for.

The quiet whisper of paper shuffling was the only thing heard in the office, satisfied to see that nothing had changed much since the last time that I got a look.

Everything was booming and successful, leaving me feeling self-satisfied and a smidgen smug of my affluence. Maybe because I am a man, it filled my ego to the brim to know the wealth that I had.

Signing off the rest of the paperwork, I put it off to the side and began to rifle through the next stack.

This, however, was much more time consuming and I dreaded to even take a peek but I knew it was important.

These documents were problems that were ongoing in the supernatural world that were addressed to me. Usually, there were only a few asking permission to meet and discuss pack matters for a treaty or other things pack related. But now, they were mostly all about the rouge attacks that have been going on.

Not only did I have papers, but from the looks of my email, my inbox was full of the same problem.

"Why do I feel like Leon Grayson is behind this?" Axel muttered.

"It just smells of him," I retorted. As I rested my head on my clasped hands, I caught sight of a cream envelope with a silver seal almost completely hidden in the scattered paper. I felt my muscles stiffen as I saw the light glint off of the silvery wax, the color so similar to that of Kei's hair.