37~Mind

You've been drinking like the world was gonna end (it didn't). Took a shiner from the fist of your best friend (go figure). - Glory and Gore, Lorde 

 I bared my teeth at the brawny male Tala threw me in the arena with. "If you want justice, you're not going to get it by being tossed around." she called out from the spectators section. "Fight like you will die, Araceli, I will not stop Matthew. This is the arena, you fight to die."

   I lunged at the gladiator and shifted into my wolf. He grinned with bloody teeth, "Little wolf." he taunted.

   I ripped out his throat and watched the blood flow. The crowd cheered when the rogue fell to the ground. Tala had been doing this for the past few days. Since I promised my help she had thrown rogue after rogue after me. I hated the arena and I hated training. I was not weak. I would never be weak. 

   I shifted and sauntered back to the body of Matthew. I held him up and grinned at the cheers of the rebels. Tala walked towards me and handed me a long shirt. "Three days and look where you've gotten." she smiled and led me back to the underground base. Roland was hiding his face in Ezra's chest. 

   "Don't run, Roland." I called to him as he made a move to leave the room. "Face me." I snarled. Ever since I killed the first opponent in Tala's sick arena he had avoided me. "I need to leave and won't be back until Vincenzo is too busy to notice me. Don't look at me with disgust after I saved your life."

    Tala pursed her lips. Roland gripped Ezra's shirt in his hands, "We can't beat Vincenzo. And even if we could, you would kill your own mate?"

   I turned away, "Justice is not always fair."

   Roland snarled for the first time. "Don't confuse justice with vengeance. Vincenzo's life will not bring Alastor back."

   I stormed out of the room. "Someone has to pay.' 

~

    Tala met me at the exit. "Make him love you." she said.

    I turned around, "I'm sorry?"

    "Seduce him, make him love you. He needs to trust you."

    "At the risk of tripping myself? No."

    "You already love him, I know you have no intention of destroying him and his legacy."

    I backed away, "Fuck off."

   Tala laughed, "All he has to do is give me the throne."

    I bared my teeth, "He will never, death is the only option, and you will be the one running."

   The blonde flashed her claws, "Not if you help me."

    I turned away, "You said you wanted to get justice, not kill him."

    "No, I definitely said kill. Your child is dead and he doesn't even care. War is coming whether you want it or not. Only cowards stay neutral. It's time to pick a side, Araceli."

~

    Vincenzo saw me walking back into the pack house. He clenched his jaw, "Why are you blocking your mind from me?"

   I snarled at him and ripped through his mental walls. 

    The young alpha stood in front of a shattered mirror. Tears ran down his face. I could feel what he had felt. I could feel the disgust and pain rolling off of him. His golden eyes were duller than usual. Broken frames that held pictures of Piper and her son were strewn across the room. He turned to Piper in the doorway. "You bitch." he snarled.

    No child's cry rang through the house anymore, it was devoid. Her eyes were red even as a man came behind her and wrapped her in his arms. "I'm sorry." she cried out. "I love him, he said he wouldn't have me if I kept the baby."

    His face was shifting back and forth from animal to man. "You loved me. Always me! You promised." he shouted. "You swore to me. You swore forever."

    Her mate growled at the stronger male. Piper bit her lip, "I know, I know, okay? But I'm not your mate!"

   "That didn't matter to you when my mate was here. I left her for you."

    "No! You left her out of spite! You left her in revenge."

    He threw a frame at her, "Stare me in the eye and tell me that you killed our son. Don't lie to me, bitch."

    She shook in fear, "I didn't. Goddess, I didn't."

    "Then where is he? Where did you take my fucking son?"

    "The-"

    I screamed as Vincenzo fought against my mind. He shoved me out and stroked my mind with phantom claws. "One slash and I can make you forget who you are." he snarled warningly.

    I breathed deeply and ripped the phantom claws away. My fangs ripped into the bond that connected my mind to his. I struck his mind and felt my lips twitch when he howled in pain. Fire was sent racing towards the bond and into his mind. He raised stone walls and dissipated the fire. "Get out." he shouted hoarsely.

~

I ran my fingers through my hair and watched the shampoo wash out into the drain. The scorching water hissed when it touched my skin. I turned off the water and toweled off, tossing it across Vincenzo's bathroom. I hummed and walked out to a growling mate. 

   "Why are you in my room?"

    I grinned and glanced back at the trail of water my wet body created. Vincenzo twitched and stared at my nude body. "What's wrong?" I asked spitefully. 

A/N: Listening to Halsey music while writing these kinds of chapters makes me write so fast. If I don't write for one day, I get writer's block. It's that bad.