SEVENTY-ONE (EDITED)

Harry instinctively steps in front of me, his arm extending to hold me back.

We had been in there for an hour at least, without so much as a text from Zayn or anyone else at Ivory. Harry and I had barely spoken before I made my vow to him. I had asked him if we could have gone anywhere other than here, but he shook his head, saying we needed to be where the rest could get us. I only nodded, hoping this fact is not one to come back to bite us. The weight of my promise to Harry is heavy on my shoulders as I look around him to see who is there.

It's Zayn, his skin damp with sweat and his features stressed.

"Could you have honestly bolted that any tighter?" He asks, panting.

"What the hell is going on?" Harry demands, his arm lowering from in front of me.

"We need to move fast, they're on their way here."

"Alec?"

"Alec and Aaron and Marion."

"Why didn't you just call?"

"No time. They're having a hard time at Ivory, I had to move quick."

"Where do we go?"

"Ivory. We'll all depart from there."

"Fuck." Harry runs a hand through his hair. "Let's get moving, then."

I look at the ground as we hurriedly exit the apartment, Harry's hand finding mine and squeezing.

We decide against the elevator and take the stairs down, my pumps clicking on the concrete steps. I push a lock of hair out of my face as we reach the ground floor. I have no idea what to expect, and frankly, I'm scared shitless.

We step out into the cold, Zayn walking a few steps ahead of Harry and me. I continue to focus on the ground, my heart pounding.

The sky is dark, stars beginning to show. It's hard to make them out with all the city lights around, but a few shine through. I'm reminded of when Harry took me to that open field to see the billions of shilling stars. It was such a beautiful moment-I would give anything to go back there.

Suddenly, Zayn stops.

"Shit," He hisses. I look up and lock eyes with a smirking Marion.

She stands slightly behind Alec, Aaron to her side. My breath hitches in my throat, and I feel Harry drop my hand.

"Going somewhere?" Alec asks, raising an eyebrow.

We stand in the parking lot, a black car parked to the side that I can only assume is the vehicle the three came in.

"We have much to discuss," Alec says. "But not in such an...open area."

"No, we're just leaving," Harry says through gritted teeth.

Alec raises an eyebrow. "Don't worry, it will only take a second."

My nightmares surface in my brain once again as Zayn and Barry reluctantly follow the other three into a nearby alley.

What is with these people and alleyways?

We finally stop walking and I look up to face them again, my breathing uneven.

"What do you want?" Zayn snaps.

"Your little alliance seems to have failed, hasn't it?" Alec gins, smirking.

"It's not over yet," Harry bites back.

"Yet."

"You underestimate us," Zayn says.