Hospital (xMedic)

+Author's Note

Fun fact! Many Asian countries do not have a 'fourth floor' in hospitals, because the number four sounds similar to death. Instead, they mark it as 'F' or just skip it. (Though these days, they are much less supersticious)

Sitting alone in the hospital room, (Y/n) decided to pass the time by reading.

It was quite dull, having no one to talk to throughout most of the day. (Y/n)'s friends and family were occupied at work; and despite their efforts, it was impossible to stay for long periods of time.

The room (Y/n) stayed in was used for two people, but she was the only occupant, much to (Y/n)'s disappointment.

That soon changed when several nurses rolled in a bed with an IV attached to it.

(Y/n) got up in suprise as she put her book down and straightened herself to what was going on.

A man was lying unconcious on the white bed, covers reaching up to his neck. The nurses paced around slowly, adjusting the IV as they pushed the bed next to (Y/n)'s.

Darting her (e/c) eyes from the nurses to the man, she soon formed the conclusion that he was no longer in any form of peril. The nurses were slow in their movements, (a little tired as well, had they been in surgery?) And the man was breathing slowly, but steadedly.

She would have wanted to see more, but one of the nurses closed the curtains around the man.

It was apparent there was nothing more to see or do. So (Y/n) leaned back in her bed again, plucking her book mark out as she continued with her story.

+++

A groan sounded hours later, and it snapped (Y/n) out of her story.

Sitting up again, (Y/n) tried to see her new room mate, but to no avail. She was much too weak to move any further from her bed anyways.

A nurse soon came in, holding a tray of shots and bags of clear liquid. Walking up, she pulled the curtains back for a moment and checked on the man.

A creaking of the door was heard, making (Y/n)'s head turn. She saw her mother walking in.

"Hey sweetie, how are you doing?"

"Good, oh, but we'll have to keep it down. I have a new roommate"

"Roommate?"

Another low groan was heard on the other side, suprising your mother.

"They're making you share a room with a man?!"

(Y/n) shrugged.

"It seems so?"

Worried, (M/n) walked over to the nurse.

"Excuse me? I'm (Y/n)'s mother, and I was wondering why (Y/n) is sharing a room with a man?"

The nurse didn't look up as she changed the IV bags.

"I'm sorry ma'm, we've run out of rooms and this was the only place available. We'll change his room when we find an suitable spot"

(M/n) pursed her lips but couldn't argue.

+++