Chapter 35

Before we start this chapter. Let's get one thing clear. I am not writing romance fantasy stories here. I am writing realistic fictions with deep Spiritual messages. For all those young unmarried girls living in idealistic world believing marriage is a bed of flowers with no issues, then I am sorry to burst your bubble no it is not. No man will dance to your tune of fingers. I have been married for nearly a decade alhumdulilah and I can easily vouch from my experience and from other married women around me that no married life is a fairy tale. So expecting me to write happy chapters of where a girl swoon over her husband and the guy is ready to do everything for her is not going to happen. There are countless books like that on Wattpad. Feel free to read them.

---------

Daud

Daud

Daud 

How dare she mention his name?

His worst nightmare had come true. His head fell back on the black office leather chair, shutting his eyes obscuring all from his vision. He had hated his cousin with every ounce of blood in him. He had been patient with her, ignored her tantrums and still was civil with her. Laughing off some of her very crude verbal attacks, all in the name of love. What did he get in return? With just one name she slashed his heart in two pieces.

Rolling the Mont Blanc pen in his hand, his eyes opened and roved around the room as his mind worked to find the answer. Her university was to start in one week, giving her ample time to do as she pleased. Once she steps out of the house, Allah knows what she will be up to. Knowing her, she feared no one and would take drastic steps and ... and... it was hard to admit but she would easily slip away from him. He didn't trust her at all.

He couldn't stop her from studying. She will go ballistic then. Think, think and think. Many minutes passed and he wasn't able to decide what to do until his eyes landed on his phone. An idea sparked and he smiled victoriously.

Clutching his phone in his hand, he mused, this was it.

****

It had been more than two weeks that Daud had been trying to call her. But Nawal ignored him. He was tapping his fingers on the kitchen counter lost in his thoughts as he grilled chicken for his chicken salad supper. He exhaled heavily, the main purpose of talking to her was to tell her the truth. She deserved this much at least. He was damn sure no one had told her what happened.

But she was being difficult. He didn't know any other way to go up to her. Going to her house was impossible, after what happened last time he had no plans to visit there.

He would just have to find another way. His gaze flickered to the chicken on the grill pan. It was done, he switched off the stove and topped the chicken over a bed of mixed salad. Settling, on the kitchen bar stool, his thoughts diverted to displeasing problems.

It had been more than two months and still no trace of Susan. There was fear lurking in his heart, what if he never get to see his son? He missed Yousef a lot that he couldn't describe it in words. There were times, he felt he was being unfair on him. He was treating him just like his Dada jaan had with him when he was a young child, ignoring his presence. But that wasn't true. Since the birth of his son, he had opened a bank account in his name and had been gradually saving funds so that when Yousef is 21 years old he would be able to access it. Not to forget, he had provided all kinds of comfort to Susan and Yousef.

But the only one thing that Susan desired the most he wasn't able to give. Cutting a small piece of the chicken fillet, he lifted it with the fork, when his eyes caught the bright coloured Yousef's ball that he had put on the kitchen counter.