Diaries of a hollow-loveless hag

I hated her. I absolutely hated her. Here I sat in the car while pippi long stocking 2.0 stood talking to my dream guy and I had been the idiot that had enabled her to do so. I watched as she stroked his arm while laughing at a joke that he probably didn't even know she was making and I gaped as she ran a hand through his hair.

When did girls become that forward? Seth said something and gestured to me and she nodded in understanding. A couple minutes later he entered the car while Hazel flounced her way back to her stupid job.

"Return of the Mack" I grumbled as he started the car. He turned to me but said nothing.

"I sense some hostility"

"From who? Me?" I asked incredulous.

"Or rather, is it jealousy?" Seth grinned.

"Your out of your mind" I said staring out the window.

"You seem pretty wound up"

"If you think that for one second your pouncing around with that floozy affects me, then your crazy". Lie.

"That's not even what I was getting at" he said like I was going crazy, "what I meant is that the obvious lack of romance in your life has you a little hollow"

I CANT BELIEVE HE JUST SAID THAT

"I CANT BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT" I yelled exasperated.

"No offence though" he smiled like that made it better. 

"That doesn't change the fact that you totally just offended me, you jerk" I was actually mad. How dare he say something like that. Me? Hollow?

"Let's be 100 though, you've been single for quite a while, yes?"

"No"

"No, what?"

"No I haven't been single for quite a while. I have a boyfriend" the almost lie just rolled off my tongue and I clamped my mouth together quickly.

"Oh" Seth said looking over at me.

"Oh, is right. Next time before you make assumptions, get your facts straight" I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't even know" he said sounding oddly dejected.

"As the notorious B.I.G said 'if you don't know now you know'"

"Your not allowed to quote the best rapper of all time" he shook his head with laughter.

"Why not?"

"You sound like a common white girl. No offence"

"OFFENCE TAKEN!"
.........................................................................................
"You should totally invite this boyfriend of yours to the party Elliot was talking about. It sounds cool" Seth said casually as we pulled up to the house.

"He's not down here" I said fidgeting with my seatbelt.

"Oh, I forgot." We sat in an awkward silence.

"Will Hazel be there?" I said off handedly.

"We didn't really get that far in the conversation" Seth stopped the car and unbuckled his seat belt. He turned to me slightly.

"Today was fun" he smiled that smile and I melted. I wanted to run my hands through that dark hair and feel the slight curls move. 

around my fingers. I wanted to stroke that perfect face and ~

"What's wrong?" He said quietly.

"Huh?"

"You were staring into space" he licked his lips and grinned. My breathing went shallow.

"Me? No, I never liked astronomy" I blundered. I could've kicked myself.

"Good to know"

"Lol" I stared at him with wide eyes as my mind registered my words. I was such an idiot! What was wrong with me? Since when did I get tongue tied?

"Your really weird, you know that?" Seth smiled like it was perfectly normal.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that" I sighed.

"It's one of the things I love the most about you" he looked at me slowly and I swear if it weren't for the fact that I was sitting down, I would've dropped dead. He loved something about me!!!

"I have to go" I said abruptly throwing my seatbelt off and running up the cobblestone path to the house before my words got me into something I wasn't prepared for. I needed to do something. Seth and I weren't compatible but I was falling. Quick.
...............
"Hello? Mr. Dawson?"

Once I had gotten into the house, I made a beeline for my room and dialled the first number I saw.

"Trish? How are you?!" Mr. Dawson's deep laugh filled the phone and I smiled despite myself.

"Is Stefan there?" I asked tentatively, I didn't even know what I was doing, but I was doing it.

"Yes, he is. Hold one second dear" I heard mr. Dawson call for Stefan and my stomach dropped.