Chapter Seven: Be safe

I held Kit's damaged body close to my chest as I headed for my car, my heart thumping crazily against my rib cage.

"Oh god, oh god, oh god..." I repeated to myself, as I unlocked and opened the car door, placing the blood stained cat on the back seat, before coming round to the front and starting the car up. I revved up the engine and sped off towards the apartment block, all the while looking in the rear view mirror at the shaking bundle of fur.

"I'm so sorry Kit...." I choked, feeling hot tears fill my eyes as a pitiful mew came from behind me.  I pressed harder on the gas pedal, as I saw the building straight ahead. I slid into an easy parking space, jumping out of the car, and grabbing Kit.

Once I was inside, I lay him flat out on my bed, cringing as I felt his tiny heartbeat through his dirty fur.

"Kit.. You need to change...please", Kit's whole body tensed up as he began to grow larger, his cat hair shrinking away. I ran out the room, searching for a towel and a first aid kit, which were under the kitchen sink.

When I got back, I saw the bruised naked body of my cat-boy, lying on the bed, his tail limp against the sheets behind him.

"Oh Kit..." I felt the tears I had been holding in fall down my cheeks, and patter onto the carpet. A large bruise had formed around the deep scrape on his thin stomach, and cuts patterned across his side.

Opening up the green box, I took out some disinfectant, a wad of bandages, and a pile of plasters. Kit opened one amber eye and stared at me, as I wrapped the towel around his waist, covering him up. I ripped open the packet of disinfectant wipes, and cleaned out the wounds on his side and front, watching as his eyes scrunched up in pain.

"It's OK, your going to be fine", My voice broke, and I decided to shut up. I concentrated on busying myself with the bandages, tying them around his bruised middle, and sticking the plasters over the gashes in his side, before leaning back and looking at him.

I peered in the box again and pulled out some painkillers. Hurrying into the kitchen, I grabbed a glass and filled it with water from the tap, before going back into the room and giving Kit the pills.

"It's all my f-fault", He croaked, while I propped him up against the pillows, into a sitting position.

"No it isn't", My hand touched his tear stained cheek, "You were just protecting yourself". He didn't look convinced, as I sat in the bed beside him, resting his head on my shoulder.

"I should have stopped him from hurting you..." I sighed and frowned, "What the hell was he doing there anyway?"

"He had a note of paper, and he was putting it into your locker... It looked weird so I-I um, stopped him..." Kit looked away, ashamed at himself, but I turned his head back and placed a kiss on his little pink lips.

"I'm proud of you", I felt heat rise to my cheeks, " And I love you, so don't ever think what you did was wrong".

"I love you too", Kit hugged me, and my tense form relaxed at his touch. We sat there for a while, before I realized Kit had actually gone to sleep. I grinned and peeled his arms off of me, getting out of the bed, and making my way to the kitchen for dinner.

There wasn't much in the fridge, except one tin of unopened sardines, and a packet of easy cook mussels. Well, mussels it is.

I leaned forward and took out the packet, cutting through the top with a pair of scissors, before tipping the shells and garlic sauce into a pan. I turned on the stove and let my food cook, while I wandered back to the bedroom, leaning against the door frame and watching Kit's chest rise and fall as he slept.

The smell of finished cooking wafted from the kitchen, so I left where I was standing and set the table for my dinner. I contemplated waking Kit up for food, and in the end, I found myself shaking his small shoulder, a bundle of fresh clothes in one hand.

"Come on. Have something to eat, then you can have a bath", Kit rubbed his eyes sleepily, sitting up and reaching for the clothes.

As usual they were way too big, and he looked completely adorable in them, even in his bruised state. I smiled as he followed me through to the main room, sitting down on the sofa, and waiting for me to split the meal.

My eyes followed his every move as he wolfed down the sea food, licking the garlic sauce from his lips and taking a gulp from the glass of milk I had given him. By the time we had both finished, Kit looked half asleep again but I shook him before he had a chance to drift off.

"Don't even think about it, you need to have a bath", I ignored the complaints and carried him in my arms to the bathroom, popping him on the edge of the sink, and turning around to fill the bath with warm water.

"Take off your clothes", I said, rolling my eyes as I heard the giggles coming from behind me, "Or maybe I should take them off for you", I growled and gave him a mock frown, one eyebrow raised. A pink flush appeared on Kit's face as i reached out to the bottom of his oversized t-shirt, and slowly lifted it over his head.

Kit's arms found their way around my waist, pulling me towards him as I placed my lips on his, biting and nibbling at his lower lip. A slight moan came from Kit's mouth as my fingers skimmed down his belly and to the top of his shorts, just resting on the belt.

"D-don't tease", He whined, burying his head on my shoulder. I chuckled and undid his belt, sliding my hand down into his clothes, and taking off both his shorts and underwear, until he had nothing else on but his socks.

"Kit... You look almost edible", I whispered into his ear, feeling a shiver dart up his spine, as I ran my hand along his twitching member, feeling pre-cum wetting my fingers. A moan escaped his lips, and he pressed into my palm, his hands crawling up to my shoulders, and bunching against my shirt.

I pumped harder, grinning as he gripped onto me, attempting to muffle his groans into my clothes. My thumb swirled over his tip, making him cry out in ecstasy.

"A-Alex, I'm gonna-" Kit gasped, as the pleasure driven wave of his orgasm ripped through him, making him release onto my hand. I pulled away from him and looked deep into his eyes, while licking my fingers seductively.

"D-don't do that!" Kit bit his bottom lip and looked away, while I snickered and turned to the bathtub, twisting the taps and letting hot water flow.

"What about you...?" I turned to face him, wincing as he pressed a sock covered foot against my hard-on.

"I'll be fine, anyway, I would feel bad doing it with you, I don't want to damage your body", I gestured a hand to his bandaged middle and he looked down, a mixture of annoyance and irritation on his face.

I stopped the running water and removed the socks from Kit's warm feet, tickling him and smiling at his high pitched laugh. It was a good sound, something that made my whole day feel worth-while.

Kit hopped down from the sink and I lifted him into the bath, after checking the warm water wouldn't burn his fragile skin. I patted his head, rubbing the tip of his left ear before I strolled out of the room, heading towards the dirty dishes left on the table.