Chapter 35: Not so perfect family

"To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there." — Barbara Bush

Xandrous' POV

What the hell is going on with her? 

I dialed her number again for the nth time and just the same, her phone kept on ringing. Clenching my jaws tightly, I briskly stood up and snatch the phone and tap the end button. Cursing in frustrations, I stood up and grab my car keys. I strode towards the door in haste as I shrug into my suit jacket pissed off of her ignoring my calls, I buttoned it.

"Cancel my last meeting today," I told Kara without looking at them as I strode past their desk towards the elevator, wearing a grim face. The rides in the elevator seem longer than ever.

As soon as I got inside my car, I drove off heading to the PP holdings. 

"Good afternoon, sir Mailov," the guard greeted me. I've been here almost every day since I missed her company, but today, I held back the urge to spend the day with her, yet again, since I need to be at a several meeting that had been put off long enough.

I headed straight to the elevator and ignores the stares thrown at me or my way from the female department. Punching 25th level where her office is, the elevator smoothly moves up. The two women  in front of me where murmuring incoherently, secretly throwing me glances whenever I look away. 

They scrambled out of the elevator as soon as it stops at their destination and the lift started to  move up, agonizingly slow.

As soon as it stops, I stepped out and headed straight to her office. I saw few of her co-employees chatting as they are tidying up their tables.

One of them noticed my presence. I tried to squeeze my head for their names but I couldn't recall. The ginger red-haired girl, a short petite girl in her mid-thirties smiled. "Ms. Pallos already left, Mr. Mailov," she said before I could ask.

My face disgruntled in confusion. It's just half past three. "When did she leave?" I asked stopping to face them.

"Half hour ago,"  

Nodding my head, I thank her and then pivoted back to the elevator.

I called her number again as soon as I was back in my car. Her phone just kept ringing. 

I called their home phone and it was Mrs. Pallos that answered it. She told me that she's sleeping, so I decided to call her tonight. I tried to shook off the worries that slowly settling in my heart and at the same time, thoroughly annoyed. 

The night went by and she wasn't still answering. The next day, I decided to head straight to her office but then she didn't show up. I was so frustrated and I hated it when she's ignoring me. 

After an hour waiting for her in her office, I gave up and decided to show up in their mansion instead. My blood is boiling by the time I reached their place. 

At exactly ten thirty, I pulled into their long curvy driveway. stopping in front of their front door, I hopped out of my car and strode purposefully towards their door and rang the doorbell trying to simmer down my temper.

One of their maids opens the door and smiled stiffly when she recognized me. She's about her forties and was wearing a clean white apron. "Good morning, sir Xandrous," she greeted as she opens the door wide and motioned me to come in. "Ms. Vicky is having her coffee at the sunroom," she said as she closes the door behind me. She led me through the hallway on the right and to the sunroom. The room was facing the pool.

As soon as I walk in, I saw her being tended by their cook while chatting casually. Her back facing me so she didn't notice my presence. When their cook looks up, she smiled at me and she instinctively turned to look.