Chapter Five

Chapter Five

---Kindly put your playlist here---

"I don't want anyone else to have your heart, kiss your lips, be in your arms, be the one you love. I don't want anyone to take my place." – Prakhay Sahar, LikeLoveQuotes.com

Lily's POV

"Is he gone?" Carmen, my personal assistant/nanny asked. She hid in my bedroom the whole time Xander Valiente was in the house.

"I guess so."

The front door opened and my personal driver/bodyguard, Eduardo rushed in.

Carmen and I jerked up.

"You scare the hell out of us, Eduardo!" Carmen yelled.

"I'm sorry. I came in to tell you that he already left." Eduardo replied.

Carmen heaved a sigh. "That's good. Okay, help us pack all these things, Eduardo. We need to hurry up. He might come back."

"I don't think he'll come back." I told them.

"We can't be sure. Men like that don't easily give up." Carmen opened the boxes and loaded some stuffs inside.

I shrugged my shoulders and sat at the corner of the room, on the floor. I couldn't get his image out of my mind. His presence was so unnerving that my body was still shaking. I found him very disturbing.

"Are you okay?" Carmen asked.

I was not okay. I wanted to cry... to pour my heart out. But I didn't want to break down. Not now. Not again.

"Oh dear." Carmen put down the books and walked towards me.

"I'm really fine. No need to worry. I... I'm okay. I'm just tired." I stood up and rubbed my temple.

"Are you sure?" Carmen sounded so concern again.

"Yeah." I said then headed to my bedroom. I continued packing my clothes and shoes in my luggage. I finished immediately since there were just a few stuff to pack.

I changed my clothes into thick black jeggings and V-neck white merino sweater. Then I grabbed my tan faux shearling jacket. It was July and the peak of winter to the place we were heading.

I yawned. I was so sleepy, but we had to get going. I could sleep later.

I went back to the living room, all set and ready to go. The boxes were already sealed. It contained some of my pictures, books, magazines, collections and other.

"Can I keep this as a souvenir?" Eduardo held a picture frame. It was a picture of me with him and Carmen in the beach. It was taken about six months ago.

"Of course, you can keep it Eduardo." I said. He wouldn't be coming with us and it was really sad leaving him. I was used having him as my driver and bodyguard.

"Thank you miss."

"We have to go now. We have a long flight ahead of us." Carmen said.

Twenty minutes later ***

"Oh God. I forgot your passport." Carmen said in a panic. We were already halfway to the airport when she remembered it.

"Where did you put it?"

"I guess it's on the dining table when I grabbed some water." She said then checked the time in her wristwatch. "I'm sorry. We need to go back to the apartment."