Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Slowly pulling the door open to the old bar, I quietly stepped inside to the light piano music strumming through the air as the bartender continued to clean the glasses. Sighing, I found a seat at the far end of the bar as the bartender walked towards me with a smile on her pale face.

"What can I get ya, lad?" She questioned as I sighed loudly before looking back towards the empty place.

"Your strongest, please." I mumbled while loosening my tie as I quickly yanked it off before leaning back in the seat with my head thrown back. Today was disastrous. Actually, it was all chaotic once noon had settled in. Business meeting after business meeting and all of it resulting in some major bullshit because my supposed new business partner wasn't nowhere to be found. The bastard hadn't made any calls at all to explain their absence or even tell if they were going to show.

I had told my dad not to give me any business partners because that shit was usual with our family company but my father, being the fucking righteous man he is, insisted that this person would just be great for me.

How wrong was he.

"Here you go, lad. Enjoy." The bartender stated quietly while watching me carefully as I turned the large cup up before slamming it back down as the burning sensation eased its way down my throat, trailing behind the alcohol. "Shouldn't you slow down?" She questioned while moving a stray wisp of blonde hair away from her face as I howled in laughter.

"I have a strong alcohol tolerance. I just need something to drown away this stress. Then the party can start!" I shouted while raising my glass to her again as she eyed it skeptically before shaking her head and pouring some more.

"This isn't the best way to go if you want to drown out your stress, lad." She stated quietly as I tipped the glass up again, downing the contents within less than two minutes. "You're not gonna listen anyway." She added while refilling my glass as I tipped it up and demanded more before falling into the darkness of my drunken state.

[~~~]

The dark haze that surrounded my mind slowly started to ease away as I felt the small tapping of a fragile hand on my face which was soon followed by baby babbles. Slowly opening my eyes, I was met by an unfamiliar toddler who quickly withdrew her hand when she noticed that I was awake. As if she were still trying to figure out if I was really awake, she tapped my face again before smiling widely, showcasing a few of her teeth.

"Well good morning to you too, little lady." I greeted while sitting up straight on what looked and felt like a bed. "Where's your mom?" I questioned as her large light brown eyes looked up at me for a second before she crawled into my lap as a woman's voice echoed right outside the door.

"Princess? Where are you?" The woman called out as her voice mixed in with another woman's voice but this woman sounded more familiar than the other. Glancing down at the toddler, I gently rubbed down one of her dark brown curls as she laughed excitedly. This was one mischievous but smart toddler. And she knew it.

"Raigh-lee? Where are you?" The familiar woman shouted out as I quietly took the little girl in my arms before getting off the bed. As I made my way towards the barely cracked door, I pulled it open while peeking my head out into the hallway as I noticed my twin sister standing not too far away from my current location with a beautiful curvaceous woman beside her. This woman was beyond gorgeous. The other women couldn't compare to her beauty. Like the toddler in my arms, she had longer similar dark brown curly hair but instead of the light brown eyes that her baby sported, she had a set of light blue eyes.

"Ma Ma!" The little toddler squealed in excitement as the woman looked up at me for a second while I stayed in my same spot holding her bouncing daughter. "Ma Ma!" She shouted while looking up at me while holding her hands out towards the beautiful woman.

"Good morning, Aiden. It's good to see that you've recovered from your drunken state yesterday." Lucy piped up as I turned to stare into her mahogany brown eyes questioningly. "You got drunk yesterday and the bartender called Julian to pick you up and he dropped you off here at my house since I was the closest. Now, why don't we all head into the kitchen for some coffee before the boys and David get back." She added as I quietly handed over the toddler to her mother who was staring at me with worry in her eyes. Someone as beautiful as her had to be taken by a guy. A lucky guy he was.

Turning my attention back to my twin, I quietly followed her into the kitchen as the beautiful woman trailed behind us with her baby.

"Here. Drink some coffee and then explain to me why you got drunker than you did last time." Lucy stated while brushing a few wisps of golden brown hair behind her ear as I sipped a little bit of the hot coffee before my inner beast scraped the surface.

"That lying no good bast-" I almost shouted before Lucy elbowed me in the side while looking over at the beautiful woman and her toddler who had her eyes trained on me the entire time while her mother was trying to situate her in one of the highchairs. "The business partner that our father so happily pushed onto me was nowhere to be found yesterday, forcing us a step back in the process. We couldn't do anything without the guy there. And to top it off, the guy didn't even call or leave a message!" I shouted as Lucy quietly smiled at me.

"And you got drunk because you were stressed when all of the work piled up on your shoulders? So, you had to pull both your load and your business partner's load?" She questioned as I looked at her skeptically while sipping a little of my coffee.

"Exactly."

"Well, Aiden. Meet your new business partner Natalie Atkinson. And you've already met her daughter." Lucy stated as I quickly turned to look at the beautiful woman who was nervously playing with her hands as her daughter quietly munched at her Cheerios that laid upon her high chair.