T H I R T E E N

A/N Comment/Vote please! :) 

*****

'Calling Ark Station. Ark station. Please come in. I'm on the ground with the hundred. We need you.'

Brinley faintly heard Ravens voice as she made her way to the drop ship.

'No luck?' Brinley asked as the other girl glanced at her.

'No.'

'You'll get there.' Brinley squeezed her shoulder gently as she made her way to Clarke.

'You needed me?' Brinley heard Raven start trying the radio again.

'Yeah, if Raven can't-

'This is a restricted station. Who is this? Please identify yourself.'

The blonde and the brunette glanced up at the voice crackling through the radio.

'This is Raven Reyes. I- I'm from Mecha Station. I'm transmitting from the ground. The hundred are alive. Please, you need to get Doctor Abby Griffin. Doctor Abby Griffin. Now.'

'Hang on Raven, we're trying to boost your signal.'

'Raven? Are you there?'

Clarke's expression filled with vulnerability as she stepped towards the radio. 'Mum? Mum, it's me.'

'...Clarke?' Abby's voice was filled with hope.

'Mum, I need your help. One of our people was stabbed by a grounder.'

'Clarke, this is the Chancellor. Are you saying there are survivors on the ground?'

'Yes, the earth is survivable. We're not alone. Mum, he's dying. The knife is still in his chest.'

'Clarke, is my son with you?'

Brinley glanced at Clarke whose eyes filled with pain.

'I'm so sorry. Wells – Wells is dead.' Clarke's voice shook.

'Clarke, what about my daughter?' Clarke glanced at Brinley whose hands had balled into tight fists as she looked away.

'Brinley's fine, she's right next to me, Councillor Kane.'

Brinley heard him sigh in relief. 'Brinley-'

'No.' She cut him off. 'I'm not doing this right now. Finn's dying, he's our priority.' Brinley's voice was hard as she turned to Clarke. 'You've got your mum now, call me if you need me to hold him down or something.' Clarke nodded at her as she walked away.

'Hey – where are you going?' Octavia bumped into Brinley as she made her way back to Clarke, holding a coil of wire.

'Out for a walk or something, I haven't decided.'

'You shouldn't go out there, it's dangerous.' Brinley could hear the storm tearing through their camp, but she just shrugged.

'Your brother isn't anywhere to be seen, either.' Octavia wouldn't meet her gaze. Brinley sighed.

'Go give that to Clarke, I'll be fine.' Brinley walked away before Octavia could say anything else.

Brinley walked out into the storm, almost instantly regretting it as her clothing became saturated. She could barely make out anything directly in front of her, so she jumped backwards as a hand grabbed her arm.

'What are you doing out here?'

'What are you doing out here, Blake?'

'Get back inside.' The rain was easing enough for Brinley to see her surroundings.