The Bathroom Stall|Note Seventy-Six

Note Seventy-Six

If I told you what I was,
Would you turn your back on me?
And if I seem dangerous,
Would you be scared?
I get the feeling just because,
Everything I touch isn't dark enough
If this problem lies in me

"Tucker?"

The two people sitting on the bench turned around, and I realized, with a little anger, that he had been sitting with Sam.

"Uh, hey Cora." Tucker said, standing up and walking to where I stood, feeling betrayed.

"What are you doing? Did you know about the bet as well?" I asked, taking a step away from him, hurt rushing through me. "I thought you were my friend."

Tucker sighed, running a hand through his hair, a sad expression on his face." Don't jump to conclusions, please."

"What conclusions am I drawing."

"Listen Cora, I didn't know about the bet until about two minutes ago." Tucker said. Sam, from behind him nodded.

"He's telling the truth, even though you probably won't believe anything I say."

Tucker shot Sam a look, and then wrapped a hand around my arm. "I was just talking to Sam because he was feeling really bad about the bet he had with some other guys."

"He should feel bad." I retorted, allowing Tucker to tug me over to the benches where Sam sat.

"Cora, really, I'm sorry." Sam pleaded, a remorse expression on his face. Looking down at him in his green tie, I sighed.

"It's alright Sam. I know you're a nice person. Just don't screw with me again." Unwrapping my corsage, I tossed it into his lap, stepping back away from Tucker's touch. "I have to get back. Have fun."

"How are you getting home?" Tucker called after me as I hurriedly walked up the stairs, pulling out my phone.

"I'll figure out a way."

Turning on my phone, I opened a new message.

From: Creepy Stalker To: Cora Roberts

Meet me in ten minutes

Sent: 9/30 8:52 p.m.

Sent five minutes ago I gave a frustrated sigh, going up to another set of benches that was closer to the gym doors, and far away that that Sam and Tucker could see me. Taking off my heels, I wrapped my arms around myself, shivering slightly as a cold breeze stung my skin.

A swarm of people exited the gym door, laughter and P!ink floating through the air, and I craned my head to see if anyone was heading to any of the benches.

When all the people passed, I saw a person sitting on the opposite side of the school, as if patiently waiting for someone. Standing up, I slowly walked over, trying to see who it was. When I got close enough, confusion ran through me, as questions grew.

"Hey, Cora."

***

Don't forget to vote?