Chapter 31

We walked hand-in-hand, trying to find Namjoon and Taeguk. I would occasionally glance at his face and notice the burns and cuts he had. I felt bad and my eyes would well up with tears but I looked upwards to keep them in. He was quiet but sometimes he would look at me and smile. It seemed as if it didn't phase him that he was just burned and his dad died.

"Are you going to keep staring at me?" he asked.

"Mianhae. I was just looking at the burns and cuts. Do they hurt?" I replied.

"Of course they do. But I'm a man so I can keep the pain inside! I'm not weak ya know." he smiled. I nodded and smiled in response. Was he going through shock? I read somewhere that when people go through shock, they are happy and ignore everything for a bit and then they crash. I want to be there for him when he crashes and when he's sad.

"There they are!" he said, pointing at an ice cream shop at the corner of the street.

"아빠!" Taeguk smiled, running into his arms.

"Aigoo, my Taeguk. Did you have ice cream already?" he smiled, carrying her. She nodded and he walked inside the ice cream shop.

"How is he?" Namjoon asked.

"He's in shock. He's acting as if nothing happened." I replied. Namjoon nodded and I looked inside the ice cream shop. Taehyung was looking at all the flavors and talking to Taeguk.

"He's going to crash soon. Make sure you spend a lot of time with him." Namjoon said. I nodded and watched Taehyung. I didn't know what could be going through his brain right now.

----------//----------

"Taehyung? Where are you?" I shouted.

When I woke up, he wasn't next to me and I checked Taeguk's room. He wasn't there either. Last night he was definitely next to me when I fell asleep.

It's been a week since everything happened. His dad was buried in a cemetery and Tae didn't show up for his funeral. His mom was still traumatized and getting over the death of her husband. Tae was still in shock but for these past few days, it seems like it's been sinking in.

"Tae?" I shouted again.

I walked down the stairs to the living room. There were empty bottles of beer lying everywhere and a blanket on the couch. He probably came down after I fell asleep. There was no one on the couch so I walked to the kitchen. No one in there either. I walked back out and saw a little piece of paper on the coffee table.

"I'll be back. Just went out to meet up with the guys. Leave the mess, I'll clean it up later. - Tae"

At least I knew he was with the guys and not out doing something crazy. I grabbed a garbage bag from the kitchen and put all the bottles in it. Afterwards, I sat on the couch and called Jin.

"Oppa, is Taehyung with you guys?" I asked.

"아니." Jin replied.

"Mwo?! He's not? Was he with you guys earlier?" I asked.

"Nope. We just woke up. Is everything okay?" he replied.

"Yeah, everything's alright. Thanks!" I said, hanging up the phone. I quickly called my parents and told them to come over and watch Taeguk. I told them I had some errands to run so they agreed to watch her. Right when they arrived I ran out the door. He took his car so he could be anywhere. I took my car out and started to look everywhere.