Chapter 10

Tohru was hugging me!!!

I quickly pulled away from the hug, pushing Tohru back and away from me, but it was too late.

In a poof of smoke I could feel myself turn into my zodiac animal.

I had to think fast, so I grabbed my clothes with my teeth and scurried off into the hall then scurried up the stairs and into Tohru's room, putting my clothes onto my suitcase, then hiding under Tohru's bed.

This isn't happening. It's not. It's all just a dream. They don't know I'm a Sohma.

They can't know.

"Motto?!" I heard Tohru shout.

"Miss Morumotto?!" Yuki called for me.

"Hey!" Kyo yelled.

I could hear footsteps get close to Tohru's door, and then the clock and turn of the door handle.

"Motto?" I heard Tohru ask into the room. I saw her feet move closer to the bed.

Don't look under the bed.

Please don't look under the bed.

"Mott-" She looked under the bed. "Huh?"

I could tell that I was shivering in fear, backing up int the corner of the room.

"What's a guinea pig doing under my bed...?" Tohru questioned.

Should I make a run for it? But then how would I get my clothes back when I change back?

"Wait..." Tohru thought. "Smoke...disappearing..."

Oh no, her thought process must be getting closer and closer to the truth.

"Motto...are you a Sohma...?" She looked directly at me.

I didn't know what to say to her.

I wanted to tell the truth so badly, I didn't want to device my friends.

But on the other hand...if I don't tell her than Akito won't be upset with me....

No.

"Y-Yes..." I squeaked out.

Tohru widened her eyes but then gave me a reassuring smile.

"It's okay Motto, I don think of you any less. Please get  out from under there?" Tohru asked me.

I hesitated for a second, but washed away any doubt when I walked carefully out from under the bed.

Tohru held out her hands and I crawled into them.

She held me up and smiled. "Let's get you downstairs, okay? Then you can explain everything"

I nodded slightly, and then was carried downstairs.

How was I going to explain everything to them? Would I be able to say everything?

Or will I end up being the same coward as usual and run then hide under Tohru's bed again...?