Seventeen (AYYEEE)

The whole idea of having actual friends was completely new to Wonwoo, so naturally being asked to meet up with people outside of school surprised the shit out of him.

"Sorry, do you mean me?" Wonwoo asked, blinking in confusion.

"Who else would we be talking to?" replied Seungkwan, rolling his eyes, "so can you come or not?"

"I- um- are you sure-"

"Yeah, man, you're pretty cool," Hansol reassured, "and you're our friend, so of course we're gonna ask to meet up with you."

The word 'friend' being used towards Wonwoo almost made him fall over in shock.

"I, uh, I don't know. Won't I just get in the way?" he asked, unsure of the situation and wondering if this was all some kind of prank.

He felt an arm sling over his shoulder and he looked up to see Mingyu standing next to him.

"It'll be fun, come on, we all want you there. I'm going," said Mingyu, grinning at Wonwoo.

Mingyu being there filled Wonwoo with a sort of confidence that he would be alright and he found himself smiling and nodding in agreement.

"Sure, that sounds fun."

"Awesome!" exclaimed a very excited Chan, "we're going to the amusement park thingy that they just put up."

"Sure," said Wonwoo, and allowed Chan and Hansol to put their numbers into his contacts to further establish their plans. (He already had Seungkwan's number for socialising advice).

Wonwoo had spent two whole days worrying over what meeting up with friends was going be like. He had never met up with a group of people, and Mingyu and Seokmin were the only people he saw outside of school other than his family, and he was a little anxious that Mingyu would end up deserting him for the others. The four youngest in their friendship group had planned to go to a fairground that had been set up on a field of a local school to celebrate the start of the summer holidays, and Mingyu had insisted that Wonwoo tagged along because it would be 'fun'. Wonwoo wasn't particularly keen on rides, but as long as Mingyu enjoyed it and it made Mingyu smile, Wonwoo knew he would end up liking it. Also, carnival kind of things made him think of that Melanie Martinez video for Carousel and he felt a little scared that some weird guy would tie him to a carousel and he'd end up vomiting pink stuff.

The day of the meetup seemed to come around a lot quicker since school had officially ended for the year, after the agonising wait of their final Friday and it finally sunk in that Wonwoo was going to be in his final year at school when they came back. He made his best effort to push those thoughts to the back of his mind and find the inner strength to pull himself out of bed.

He spent a little time worrying over what to wear, since it wasn't just Mingyu he had to impress but three other people and that was a fairly daunting thought, but Wonwoo threw on a Bring Me The Horizon t-shirt and black jeans and hoped that it would do. Sure, he figured he didn't look as good as Melanie in the Carousel video but he didn't have a puffy dress or a hair bow so looking emo would have to do.

Calling out a goodbye to his parents after being made to remove his black nail polish by his father, he left the house and put his headphones in, opening a one-day old text from Chan listing the meeting place and pressing play on Grand Theft Autumn by Fall Out Boy.

The fairground was fairly large, stalls selling things like raffle tickets or candyfloss and other stalls for games like hook a duck all dotted around, the entire area dominated with three big rides; a ferris wheel, a rollercoaster and a teacup ride. Wonwoo decided that the teacups would be the safest approach. Thankfully, there was no carousel in sight so his fears of ending up like Melanie vanished.