Chapter 79: Confusing Theorem

Bako distractedly made his way towards the stairs as he cautiously thought over the previous events in a calculating manner. Before the boy had a chance to fully immerse himself in his notions, he felt a tackling weight cushioning against him, nearly knocking him off balance and taking his breath away. The male glanced back to see a certain individual clinging onto him like a cub.

"Ryo? What are you-?"

"Carry me, please~" The blond swung his feet in pivoting motions, forcing the larger boy to tilt from side to side.

Bako groaned, letting his unamused mood show. "I'm not your transport cart." Despite the blatant unwillingness, Bako adjusted the boy on his back and began climbing the stairs, indulging the cheered blond as his wish was fulfilled.

As they reached the very top, Ryo gratefully jumped off the azure boy's back. "Thank you! That saved me some effort." He began walking away from the boy in a direction Bako had not expected him to take.

"Aren't you going to go visit (Y/n)?" The younger male spun around and shook his head in a negative answer.

"(Y/n) asked me if I can bring her some sweets from somewhere on Saturday, so I'm going to go and research some bakeries that might sell some nice stuff." Bako raised his eyebrow at explanation.

"Will Kaito allow you to do that?" Ryo gave dismissive shrug with a carefree grin.

"I don't care. He's going to the store on Saturday anyway so I'll sneak out without him noticing." The joyful blond placed a finger to his lips in an act of secrecy before walking off to do his research.

Bako thoughtfully looked towards the direction that held the girl's presence. His decision fluctuated between proceeding with his own visit, only to find himself stymy as he attempted to make the first move.

(Y/n) heard a knock on the door, alerting her of an individual's existence just beyond the entrance. The girl confusingly gazed at the threshold and uncertainly called out for the person to enter as she sat up to welcome the company. Bako cautiously stepped inside so as to not alert the female, and allowed her a moment to comprehend his visit before she shuffled uncomfortably from side to side.

Noticing the discomfort in her body language, the boy loomed at the doorway, trying to ease the tension in the air. "Why haven't you been eating anything?" He asked the girl politely and calmly, earning a dismissive shrug from her side.

"I'm not that hungry..." As her words left her mouth, her stomach decided to uncover her bluff as it churned for some substance to be had. (Y/n) froze in the spot as the sounds settled and could feel a fluster coming along as Bako held in a few chuckles from the covetous female's downfall.

"Hahaha, alright. I'll be back in a minute." The male left the area with a mocking smirk, forcing a wave of curiosity to take over the girl as she watched him disappear behind the corner.

"H-hey! Wait!" As the girl tried to reach out and attract the boy's attention, she was confined by the cuffs that still restricted her to the bed. "Oh come on! You're doing this on purpose!" She annoyingly moped as she had no other choice than to await for the boy's return to reveal his idea.

Not long after, the male returned with a plate that held small mists of steam emerging from the top. He placed the porcelain down on the bed for the girl to examine it, to discover it was a plate of fresh pizza. (Y/n) looked up at him in an inquiring sarcastic manner, expecting some sort of explanation from the boy. "Eat." He pointed towards the food and placed his hands on his hips in an expectant gesture as the girl gave him an irked scowl.

"I told you, I'm not that hungry." Though much like her previous attempt, her forged reply was rendered futile as her stomach growled in protest as the delicate scent of the warm food wafted into her senses.