Nineteen

The days had grown a lot hotter during the summer holidays and while Wonwoo was sweltering hot dressed in all black, he had to thank Jisoos for the sun because it meant his eyes were blessed with the sight of his insanely hot boyfriend in tank tops.

Mingyu had also recently dyed his hair to the blue colour that was on his bedside drawers when Wonwoo had first visited his house, along with about half of their friends dying their hair at the same time. Seungkwan had opted for a cherry-red colour that was about as firey as his personality, and Junhui had gone blonde while his boyfriend, Minghao, had dyed his hair a light brown colour. Jeonghan had, to everyone's shock, changed his hair the most radically out of all the thirteen boys; dying it a natural black colour and cutting it so the ends of his hair reached his chin, making him look like some kind of anime prince. Wonwoo had bleached his hair and dyed it grey for two days before deciding that Pete Wentz would be insulted at his lack of emoness and dying it black again.

It was in the horrible heat that Wonwoo was walking to the convenience store to buy as many ice creams as he could to cool himself down when he felt a hand thump on his shoulder, pulling his attention away from the new My Chemical Romance song being blasted in his ears in a confused shock. He immediately decided that he was being assaulted and was frantically trying to think of the best self defence method he could when looked up to see Mingyu and not a scary attacker.

"How loud do you have your music, seriously, I was yelling for you," said Mingyu, catching his breath from obviously running after Wonwoo.

"Yeah, but it's like the emo code to have loud music," Wonwoo replied, stopping so that Mingyu could catch his breath.

"Why?" Mingyu asked in between pants.

"To block out all the sadness in our emo souls, I don't know," Wonwoo shrugged.

Mingyu laughed. "That's probably the most emo thing you've ever said, wow." He stopped in the middle of his laughter to give Wonwoo a serious glance. "Wait, you weren't being serious, were you? Are you sad-"

"No, you spork, I was joking," smiled Wonwoo, giving Mingyu's bare shoulder a playful swat (he was wearing a tank top again and fuck, was Wonwoo trying not to stare at his arms).

"See, this is what happens when you joke, Wonwoo. You're probably one of the least funny people I've ever met."

"You said I'm funnier than Jisoo."

"But that was before Jisoo fell over at the park last week because that was really funny, like, you couldn't beat that. Comedy gold."

"Yeah, that was pretty funny," laughed Wonwoo, starting to walk again as Mingyu had finished catching his breath.

"So," said Mingyu, stretching out his arms and putting one of them around Wonwoo's shoulders, "where are you off to?"

"Ice cream," Wonwoo responded, earning a knowing nod from the taller boy next to him.

"Fair enough," he said, "do you want me to pay?"

Wonwoo did secretly want to save money for the new Pierce The Veil CD but seeing as Mingyu had bought Wonwoo a KitKat the last time they went out, he declined the offer.

"I'm broke but not so broke I can't afford like three Cornettos, but thanks for the offer," he said.

"Three Cornettos? Who's having the other two?" Mingyu asked, "did your parents make you get them ice cream, too?"

"No way, they're for me as well," admitted the older boy as the store came into sight.

"Again," said Mingyu, "fair enough."