Chapter 30.

Camila's POV

After I was taken into the castle, I no longer wanted to return outside to witness the taking of his limp body. I was completely overwhelmed and bombarded with multiple questions and apologies that I just couldn't take another glance at his sunken face. I just wanted to be alone, and as much as all my friends wanted to comfort both Lauren and I--I just felt so angry and overcome with all these swirling emotions.

Despite having to cope with knowing that I was finally left without a parent again, the thought of what the school would become was just hard to push away. The only other person I trusted besides Dumbledore and Snape was Professor McGonagall, whom I barely spoke to, but am grateful for taking part in raising me.

All of these thoughts were completely engulfing me into panic, and the only other group of people I could release all this anger and pain on we're my friends. Despite not wanting to hurt them, they were only continuing to suffocate me with all these comments and questions. I just needed some space and they were only angering me.

"Camila, please stop ignoring us." Dinah pleads for the third time tonight, having brought the rest of the girls after I politely asked Perrie, Harry, and Liam to give us some space. Both Normani and Ally were besides Lauren who kept to herself, quiet in her own tears while Dinah continued to pester me.

"Do you really expect me to talk to you right now?" I ask her coldly, ignoring the frown on her face as I continue to walk up the staircase to the third floor.

"I suppose not, but I'm just trying to help you." Dinah grips my arm and I feel my veins boil on both my trembling wrists as I spin around to grip her tearing brown eyes.

"Then stop trying to help me!" I feel my throat burn will all the tears I had spilled in the last few hours, and yelling wasn't helping me either but I couldn't help it. "Don't you see I don't need comforting or help? My only other father just died, Dinah! You can't just help me!"

Dinah flinches slightly and I can see the hurt and pain flash through her light eyes and her throat flexes visibly as she swallows the lump inside. I can tell she's tying her hardest not to cry or yell back at me but her trembling lips tell me otherwise,

"Just leave me alone," I whisper, finally turning away from the Polynesian witch. "All of you."

I turn away from the tall girl but I can still sense her eyes on me as I face the opposite direction, sighing softly when I finally hear a pair of feet shuffle away from me quietly. Then two more pairs after until I can hear nothing else.

I know Lauren is still behind me, but I don't bother to turn around. I know what she's going to tell me. That we have to go back into that damn room and stay there until everything clears up and Snape finally returns as Headmaster of the school. The mere thought gives me a slight headache.

"Camila--"

"No..." I cut her off, "Don't."

There's still a slight sting inside my chest when I speak, like a dart is constantly aimed at me and shot with no hesitation as much as I tried to hold it back. I grip onto the stone railing right beside the doorframe that for the first time, held no door after being knocked off its hinges several time.

Kids pushed past each other in completely chaos as rumor goes around that Voldemort had been the one to kill Dumbledore. I feel anger curse through my veins as I recall the emotionless expression of the man I loved once as a child, who killed my only father to keep his own life. There's this weird feeling inside my heart that just can't face the fact that Snape had actually killed Albus, and even if I did know it was true, I couldn't hate him.