Chapter 34

Follow the His Flower instagram page! username is day_dream_1011 

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 34

       I spent the majority of the day cleaning up the house. Luce had finally come home, only to leave an hour later for her job, and dad was supposed to be coming home sometime in the afternoon.

       I had to make sure the house was perfect before I could even drop the whole 'Rex staying here' bomb on him.

       I haven't talked to him since he had left, and I had no idea whether or not Luce told him what happened with the whole Tate thing. Either way, he wasn't going to be happy.

       I needed to take some time and prepare a speech or something... Try to get my words and feelings to cooperate enough to make my dad understand that I need Rex. To live, to function, to breathe.

       Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic.

       But Rex was my everything and my father just can't try to keep him from me.

       Breathe Rosalyn. Breathe.

       Rex had been gone for what seemed like forever, but in reality it had only been two hours. I didn't know what was taking him so long, but I prayed that everything was okay.

       I knew going to see his father was a bad idea.

       It was another ten minutes before I had finally finished scrubbing the house spotless. I let the Windex flop on the counter and turned to my master piece with a content sigh.

       Spotless, absolutely spotless.

       The house phone started ringing as I began putting all the cleaning supplies up and I hurried to answer it. Hopefully it was Rex calling to tell me everything was okay and he was on his way back-

       "Hello?"

       "Rosalyn, just the person I wanted to talk to."

       It wasn't Rex.

      My breath caught in my throat at the voice, at that voice.

       No...

       "Who... is this?"

       I knew who it was. I could never forget that voice, but somewhere inside of me I prayed for this to be some kind of sick joke.

       "Don't be daft, dear. You know who I am."

       My grip tightened on the phone, my breath started entering my lungs in painful swallows, and I could feel the panic starting to build like a train rolling on its tracks. The only thing keeping me from falling on the floor was the sturdy wall holding me up.

       I couldn't speak.

       And I don't know why I didn't hang up the phone.

       "Hm, well this is a change. Nothing to say for once in your life, child?"

       "H-how did you get this number?"

       The panic crept into my chest like an icy wave that cocooned around my heart and my lungs. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't see. The only thing popping into my head were disgusting images of a dark room and two terrifying people.