chapter 9

Dylan lent in towards me. Was he crazy?! I pushed his chest "um what do you think your doing?" "Oh I thought you changed your mind about me." "Wow you are so clueless" I rolled my eyes at him "just because I changed my mind about you doesn't mean I'm going to cheat on my boyfriend with you."

"You know if you break up with him it's not cheating" he smirked at me. "Dylan what don't you understand? I really like Cole and I'm not interested in you." I folded my arms over my chest and Dylan looked a little disheartened. "Look I'm sorry, but surely you understand." I tried to look him in the eye but he still looked at the table, fumbling with his hands. "But you still haven't told me about Coles past" he looked up at me. "That's pretty much what made me listen to you." A smile crept on his face and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "You know what?" He stood from his chair "I think it might be more fun this way." I had no idea what he meant but he leaned down and kissed my forehead, stoking the back of my hair. I looked up at him, he was still smiling. "If Cole doesn't show his true colors soon, ask him about Elizabeth." And with that he walked out of Starbucks leaving me completely confused.

Almost instantly I received a text from Dylan with his address. 'You'll be needing this soon.' The situation was so strange and I didn't know what to think. Who the hell is Elizabeth? It was probably best to just ask Cole about it.

---

"Hey!" Cole smiled at me as I walked through the door, he came up to kiss me but noticed something was wrong. "Are you okay? Where were you?" Without thinking I blurted out "who's Elizabeth?" Cole looked surprised, sad and angry at the same time. "How the hell do you know her?" "Dylan told me to ask about her." Oh no, that was a bad idea. "Excuse me? What the fuck were you doing with Dylan and why do you trust him to tell you the truth?" "Cole that's beside the point, are you going to tell me who this girl is?" "No! Are you going to tell me why you were talking to Dylan?" Cole started yelling and I felt slightly afraid, pressing my back to the door. "He asked to get a coffee with me, that was it." Obviously this wasn't the whole truth but I needed Cole to calm down, he was furious.

"I don't care if it was as innocent as a coffee! You told me you would never speak to him again, you and I both don't trust him with you, well at least I thought you didn't!" Cole couldn't see reason with the situation so I stopped fighting back, completely forgetting my initial intentions. "Leave" Cole almost whispered. I looked into his eyes, they were almost unrecognizable and completely cold.

"W-what?" I whispered. "You heard me! I don't want to be in the same apartment with someone who lies to me and trusts my disgusting brother over me!" I could barely process the words he spoke, neither the ones I spat at him after. "He isn't as disgusting as you! How could you wrongfully accuse me of such things without hearing me out?!" Cole looked slightly hurt but before he could reply I grabbed my bag and walked out of the apartment, slamming the door in his face.

---
I'd been walking for about half an hour in complete disbelief of what just happened. I wasn't wrong to listen to Dylan's side of the story, but perhaps bluntly asking about some girl, presumingly his ex, was over the line. Shit, it was way over the line.

I stopped walking when I realized I had no idea where I was going. I had no where to go, my family didn't live here, I had practically no friends in the city. Before I could think of anyone else I found myself replying to Dylan's text from earlier, 'sooner than I thought.'

I stepped onto the curb, hailing a cab. After climbing inside, I read the address from my phone and before I knew if we arrived Dylan's doorstep. Paying the taxi driver and taking a deep breathe I stepped up to the door and knocked.

_______________________________

I hope this isn't too rushed I'm trying to minimize the amount of filler chapters because I'm not updating frequently.

Please vote, comment and share!!