chapter 1

"Check! Check! Check! No wait not check. I forgot butter." I tuck my phone in between my shoulder and ear to steer my cart towards the dairy section.

"See this is why I tell you to make a list." My mom says over the phone. I roll my eyes. "I only forgot butter, I remembered all the other 26 items." I reply as I collect butter and make a bee line for the casher.

"Anyway how long are you gonna be there?" I inquire as I wait for my turn. There are five people ahead of me and one of them has two carts full.

"I think you will have to order pizza, I still have a ton of work here, I will be late." Mom replied. My mom is an event planner. The company she works for savvy Dreams is quite popular in our state of California so she is always busy with new projects coming in.

"Awesome! Saved from eating broccoli again." I cheerfully reply. I still have no idea why that vegetable even exists. And why oh why, was it my moms favorite?

"Yeah be happy for now Missy but wait till I get some time free, I will make only broccoli items for a week and that my dear daughter is a promise." She threatened. Oh boy! Why did I open my mouth?

"Anyway, did you get dads call?" I ask to change the subject.
"Yeah this afternoon" my mom mutters. I could hear someone talking in the background.

"So you know about his change of plan?" I chime in.
"What change?" My mom asks.
"He is gonna be away for two more days. Says something to do with his client not coming to terms of some given agreement or something. I never get what he speaks." I mumble as I move ahead in line.

My father is a lawyer. He wanted me to be one too. But that ship sank in 5th grade when he realized I couldn't even remember the basics and had no interest at all. He never pushed for it after that. Both of my parents are away a lot, but I have no complains. They still take out time for me and know what is happening in my life.

"Oh okay, thanks for letting me know sweety. I have to hang up now, love you." She replied sweetly. "Love you too mom." I replied.

The guy with two carts is getting his bill as I tuck my phone in my back pocket.

***

"I know I can treat you better than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman
Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted crying
When you should be with me instead
I know I can treat you better
Better than he can....."

I am singing along with the radio at the top of my lungs while driving back home. Man I love this song. He is like my new pop star crush. I start swinging my head right to left as the course comes on. Suddenly a bright light lit the sky and it sounds like thunder, but the weird thing as i look out the window is that their isn't a single cloud in the sky.

I turn down the volume and slowed down my speed. What the hell! I can not believe my eyes there is a huge hole in the sky which is shining bright white. Which by the way was totally not there a minute ago!

I pull the car over. I am too damn close to this shit. Is it a hurricane? I step out of the car with my phone camera on. I know I should be running the other way but our generation is somehow HotWired to 'capture it for social media before fleeing' at the time of crisis.

There is no wind though and that huge spiral thing is also not forming so what the hell is it? OMG aliens! They are invading! Now I have to get it on tap.

A thundering sound explodes from the sky and I start feeling cold all of a sudden. Maybe this You Tube opportunity is not worth it. I open my car door and climb in. Just when I am about to close the door. I see a figure falling from the hole in the sky. Mesmerized by the scene, I stay fixed in my place. My eyes stuck to the scene.

Is that a body? Are those wings? Is that a body with wings? Can it be? No!

My mind was hyperventilating.
A part of me had already crawled into the denial zone. But my eyes were not lying. This thing falling from the sky is not just a figment of my imagination.

The thing falls on the solid ground with a huge thud and I scream.
I turn around to ask for help but there is no one at the road which is another strange thing. This road or particular area is never this deserted.

I could hear my heartbeat and my hands were sweating my breathing to has increased.

Great I am all alone on a deserted road with a huge hole in the sky right above me. From which an angel just fell?(at least I think it's an angel) What the fuck. Did I hit my head somewhere or take a huge amount of drug without realizing? Because there is no way this shit is really real.

I slowly turn back to see the thing lying on the ground. It has it's hand around it's knees clutching them to it's chest. Something inside me breaks at the sight of it.

It looks so vulnerable. So broken.

I really have no idea what am I thinking or even doing for that matter. But my legs are slowly but surely moving towards it.
When I am about 18 to 20 feet near it. I see crack lines on the ground. There is a dent on the spot where he has fallen.

Holly shit! Literally holly shit! What am I doing? I need to turn back around.

Before I can though it starts shivering. I stand there for a moment. Oh fuck it! I start moving towards it again. It feels like I am being drawn to it. Every fiber in my body is pushing me towards it.

When I am only two feet away from it, I stop again and gasp. It is huge, strong and naked, buck ass naked. But my mind is focusing on its wings. They are gray not white and they seem to be losing it's gleam, like fading. And are very real.

I take another step and reach out to touch it. With lightening speed it's wings spread out and cover him. I scream and fall on my ass, scared to death.

Hearing me scream, the wings slowly make space for him to see me. He lifts his head and looks straight at me, knocking my breath away.

Whoever said angels are beautiful was not kidding around. He is the most beautiful face I have ever seen.
As if god had really taken his time to shape him. All the hottest models and actors looked plain in comparison to him.

I get down on my knees and crawl towards him. Again having no idea why? He really is drawing me towards him.

I don't go too close though don't want to scare him away or for him to attack me. But then again he is an angel and angels are nice right?

His lips start moving slowly but no word comes out. Maybe he is a mute angel. Wait can angels even speak? He gulps and tries again and this time the most sexiest voice I have ever listened fills my ears with one word.

"Help!"

_______________________________

First Book!

I dedicate this chapter to @authorsophiawhitte for her helpful feedback. Thanks love i would never have been able to make it look readable without your help!

Hope you like it. Vote and Comment!

*making puppy eyes*