40~Burn

I bet you kiss your knuckles, right before they touch my cheek. -Trouble, Halsey

    The sheer power made my eyes roll to the back of my head. My breath caught in my throat at the sight of my mate on his knees. He clothes were burning off of me. The fire was absorbing the furniture, the very structure of the room. My wolf howled at the sight of her mate in pain. His eyes pleaded with mine, "It hurts, baby." he whispered. "I love you, I swear I do. Just stop it. Please, just stop." 

    I could see the desperation to live in his haunted eyes. He would say anything to save his life. The flames parted for me as I dove for his body. I dragged him through the tunnel of fire. The door wasn't burning, not even the outside packhouse, just where I was. He coughed and clutched his head. I winced and retracted my hands from his body. 

    Pack members were already shouting and pointing. As if sensing my distress, the flames dissipated. I shook slightly, what had the witch done to me?

~

   I puked into the toilet and wiped my mouth, sliding to the ground. Vincenzo had left me in the hallway. Two lives were now in his one mind. I was surprised the insanity hadn't shredded his mind. 

   I blandly glanced at the door when it was kicked open. Vincenzo sat on the floor next to me, "I wish I could give you my memories, but you couldn't take it." he murmured. 

    "You couldn't take mine." I spat. "I can feel you through the bond. I can feel everything."

    "Every single one of your memories is fresh like it just happened. I can remember so many things, feel so many things. I remember being born through you eyes, I remember the light blinding your new eyes. I remember your mother." he said softly. 

    I sharply turned to him, "Who? What does she look like?"

    He bit his lip, "You aren't going to find her."

    "Like hell I'm not, tell me or I'll rip it from your mind."

    "Is that how you'll get everything? Taking everything and shredding me in the process?"

    "It's what you did to me."

    He bit his lip. "Her name is Cathy, I think."

    I stood up, "Give me a city, and address, anything."

    "Araceli," he whispered. "Stop! She's not coming back. She wanted you to die, so she left you in the winter forest to die."

   I clutched my head in my hands, "I don't believe you."

    I flinched away when he curled his hands into fist. He cocked his head to the side, "Be afraid."

~

    I grabbed a plate of food and darted back into my room, ignoring the stares. The witch watched me carefully from my bed. 

A/N: BEN NEEDS TO LEAVE. AND BABY JOHN <3 Wow, I'm The Secret Life of an American Teen garbage :D Ricky is life, and that episode with his dad scared the shit out of me and almost made me cry for my baby D: And Amy's a bitch.